ADL The Bi-weekly Adelaide get together

Well you could give me Admin rights and I figure it out for you...it's very easy on other forums actually :D
XF is quite different as the permissions are based on a push-down inheritance, or blocking thereof.

Add to that the fact that each banner is a separate group, and each group has it's own stacked permissions on each forum node & sub-node... it gets fairly complex very quick. You have to be careful that something you are blocking at the top level is not being undone by another permission on another group.

XF is quite different as the permissions are based on a push-down inheritance, or blocking thereof.

Add to that the fact that each banner is a separate group, and each group has it's own stacked permissions on each forum node & sub-node... it gets fairly complex very quick. You have to be careful that something you are blocking at the top level is not being undone by another permission on another group.

I assume it is all based on yes/no logic? Just have to make a small chart on a piece of paper would be my guess...

But in any case, if it is too much of a hassle, you can always open the flood gates and let me take over the whole site :D :D :D

I assume it is all based on yes/no logic? Just have to make a small chart on a piece of paper would be my guess...

Actually no, it's based on an Inherit / Allow / Revoke / Never model. The Never one is a interesting one, it blocks all lower level Allow permissions if they get set. Not one you want to use generally - only good for the banned usergroup.

But in any case, if it is too much of a hassle, you can always open the flood gates and let me take over the whole site :D :D :D
It has got far more to do with the volume of groups versus sections & sub-sections, and then testing the things you have done. I have made some changes, I am testing them now.

Edit - looks good with the tester, although the impersonate feature seems to show otherwise.

Last edited:
Yes was (as always) fantastic - looking very much forward to the soap making session (y)

Sorry for he late announcement - next meet-up will be this coming Sunday - hopefully you can make it!

When: Sunday, July 24, 2016
Time: 2pm
Where: Cafe Bravo, 144 The Parade (corner Edward St

Looking very much forward to you (y)

Please sit inside boys...

Trying to be a bit more organised here - the next meet-up will be:

When: Sunday, August 14, 2016
Time: 2pm
Where: Cafe Bravo, 144 The Parade (corner Edward St

Hope to see you all there (y)

If anyone is here and can see a guy carrying a helmet who looks lost could they please come and save me

What kind of bike do you ride? [emoji41]

What kind of bike do you ride? [emoji41]

67-193-full-raleigh-molly-2014-1.jpg

Hey, I ride a scooter so I'm only a step or two above that (mine is at least 250cc so can keep up with traffic)