The general watch talk discussion

I just bought two watches - a G Shock GD350-1b which I now need to sell because it's too big, although it is the most legible negative display Casio makes. Vibe alarm is also great.

And a Casio w800h, which is perfect - legible, 10 year battery life, 100m WR and all of 20bux online... I'll use the smart phone for all the advanced functions. Nice change from the old Tissot dress watch which I need a new band for - btw where do people buy NATOs?

Nice watches @Monsta_AU

I bought some from a few places, didn't rate them and went looking for 'premium'. Found most 'premium' were exactly the same - just the price was premium.

Blu Shark sell really nice ones and you can get a 3 for 2 offer on everything. Their original and Orca are good, and the premium hardware option, actually is.

I just bought two watches - a G Shock GD350-1b which I now need to sell because it's too big, although it is the most legible negative display Casio makes. Vibe alarm is also great.
Mate list on here. I've sold here. Nice little SARB.
...and I'm partial to a nice G

Yes please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed this thread...great wish list, @Monsta_AU (y) I’d love a Panerai someday (hopefully when shaving AD has subsided)! I have couple of Omegas that I inherited from my dad when he passed away & I’m looking to pass them on to my 2 sons someday. My EDC watch nowadays is an Apple Watch *shame* :banghead:...I keep my phone on silent all day & I get my notifications via the watch. Plus it reminds (pesters) me to move around during the day!
How do you like the Apple Watch?
I was considering one but I came to the realisation that as a watch its less reliable than my cheapies and as a computer it’s no better than my iphone..which I also don’t carry

As per the poster you quoted, I think the Apple watch is something of a flawed idea for apple. It kind of replaces your phone, but with a less usable screen. It's also not the kind of watch that look like it can take everyday use and abuse.

scaU8Mkl.jpg

Vinnies find, $25.
Its a limited run and I like the module in this thing

Went to get my flu shot yesterday, the RN was wearing a beautiful Omega seamaster..
I was a little late back to work

uMZC55w.jpg

Waiting on delivery of this titanium sapphire solar powered beauty.
I appreciate it won’t be to everyone’s taste but I feel as though it’s a step away from my plastic watches and therefore more adult

uMZC55w.jpg

Waiting on delivery of this titanium sapphire solar powered beauty.
I appreciate it won’t be to everyone’s taste but I feel as though it’s a step away from my plastic watches and therefore more adult
Nice choice, have a Seiko solar divers and great. Will have to never replace the battery for a very very long time.
Looks awesome too, definitely a more mature style and a durable classic. (y)

Went to get my flu shot yesterday, the RN was wearing a beautiful Omega seamaster..
I was a little late back to work

Was it a chronograph with blue face and red sec hand? 12 o'clock a number or double tag?

Nice choice, have a Seiko solar divers and great. Will have to never replace the battery for a very very long time.
Looks awesome too, definitely a more mature style and a durable classic. (y)

Was it a chronograph with blue face and red sec hand? 12 o'clock a number or double tag?
Nope not a chronograph, It looked very similar to the planet ocean but black face and bezel and a solid case back said he has had it for a little over a decade. Beautiful watch

As for the Seiko, I was looking at getting one of their solar divers untill I came across the above, I got that at a great price so that sold me

TBH I really just wanted a basic face with numerals (Arabic or Roman, not fussed), metal bracelet, unidirectional bezel and a calendar would be nice but not essential.
The chronograph while nice probably won’t get used all that much...feels wasteful

The GMT-II until this year was a white gold case, so expensive as hell. They just released the steel versions at Basel. I think the new one in Oystersteel is a great buy, only it has the 3285 movement which on paper is better than the older 3186 but has no real heritage yet, and we are not sure if it will have problems.

I'd prefer the 116719BLRO but I don;t have $50K burning a hole in my pocket. The one that @Rami posted for $11,750 is excellent value. Oh, and no discounts on it, they cannot get them in quick enough.

Would we get a discount for two?

Put it this way. If you are willing to pay full retail on this, cash, you can’t get it. I can’t even put my name up in any waiting list.

I am consoling myself with the original. But the updates are really cool

Honestly I’d take an Omega seamaster planet ocean any day but I’d never wear it

TBH getting back to watchs makes me want an SKX