CBR The GreatEST P&C Christmas Gathering - Canberra

Oh tell me more!!

I'll have to have a look at what I have in my collection, but I was thinking of bring my sample spray of Creed - Green Irish Tweed if you haven't tried that. Especially as we don't have Creeds in Canberra :(.
Am I allowed to link my basenotes wardrobe? It's another website which I use it to catalogue my fragrances.

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/26208158&t=samples&s=r
Cool, I've added the link. You should also be able to see my star ratings, basically translates to:

5 - Will buy
4 - Will buy on sale
3 - Indifferent, alright as a gift (... if I didn't have so many already)
2 - A step down from indifferent. Good but I wouldn't wear it.
1 - Couldn't pay me to wear it.

Keep in mind scents are personal and I don't usually like leather or spices, so those are likely what's rated lower for me.

P.S. I use the collection tab for full bottles but it also includes anything over 5ml, so I have a bunch of frangrances, but not as many as it says ;).

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/26208158&t=samples&s=r
Cool, I've added the link. You should also be able to see my star ratings, basically translates to:

5 - Will buy
4 - Will buy on sale
3 - Indifferent, alright as a gift (... if I didn't have so many already)
2 - A step down from indifferent. Good but I wouldn't wear it.
1 - Couldn't pay me to wear it.

Keep in mind scents are personal and I don't usually like leather or spices, so those are likely what's rated lower for me.

P.S. I use the collection tab for full bottles but it also includes anything over 5ml, so I have a bunch of frangrances, but not as many as it says ;).

Oh Boy!

This is going to be SOME meetup!!!

Forgot to mention, If there is something specific you'd like to try out of my collection I'll bring it along (it's why I posted the link :)) . Otherwise I'll pick them and bring some test strips.

I have very little experience with fragrances (EDP etc).
But I've heard of Civet and Green Irish Tweed.

But I'd also likely be happy with whatever you deem share-worthy. :)

Civet is good. It's hard to wear but I will definitely bring it along :). Zoologist is one of my favourite brands, because of how different they are.
Chiseled face did a collab with Zoologist and released shave soaps in Civet, Panda and Rhinoceros. I'll bring those along.

So far, I'm thinking.
  1. Green Irish Tweed
  2. Civet
  3. Panda (I'll bring old and new formulations)
  4. Rhino (Too strong for me, but it might appeal to others)
  5. Bat (I doubt anyone will like it, but it's worth trying. Smells like wet earth, like you've been gardening).
  6. Cedrat Boise (Think Aventus but replace pineapple with cedrat/lemon)
  7. Le Barbier de Tangier
  8. Invasion Barbare
  9. Oud Satin Mood (Unisex, leans feminine, but easily the best rose/oud scent)
  10. ? undecided (Technically already 10, but happy to include others if requested)

So salty..

Quality over quantity.
...that is, if the locals actually bother to attend!
@tullfan and I travelled down to attend and equalled the number of locals and that's with mine being a surprise visit!

I don’t believe for a second that a place exists that doesn’t have a department store with a crazy lady spraying everyone with Aventus, that and Tom Ford Oud Wood.
Creed is carried by the two big department stores in Sydney. My experience with Creed is that normally they won't spray it unless you ask or do it yourself. I think the cost of it it in Australia (currently $450 AUD for 100ml) puts it out of most peoples impulse buy range.

My understanding is the Australian distributor actually sets up the booths/kiosks in the stores. It could be different profit margins for the sales reps, as I've shown interest in Creed and Tom Ford at one of the stores previously and then had sales assistants try to push me onto the cheaper YSL, D&G, CK, etc. type fragrances which I think they have move control over. (It could also just be eager sales people).

...that is, if the locals actually bother to attend!
@tullfan and I travelled down to attend and equalled the number of locals and that's with mine being a surprise visit!
To be fair, all the locals did attend.
And now our population has doubled! Few states can boast that kind of growth.

I've never seen a post from half of those users. I don't think they're active anymore.

Just ignore him, people in Sydney get a little jealous ;)

Indeed. That will drive a man to play with razor blades... :)

or, very generously, drive to Canberra just for a meet-up and share in our reflected glory - huh @borked :)

I've never seen a post from half of those users. I don't think they're active anymore.
One of the two founding members of the ACT social squad not active?
That's saying something about the environment down there ;)

or, very generously, drive to Canberra just for a meet-up and share in our reflected glory - huh @borked :)
Above is probably why a surprise charity drive to try and inject some life happened ;)
Should I threaten to do so again?
Perhaps I will if ACT manages 7 locals to attend a meet up, for three consecutive meet up's ( what with the frequency of them, that will afford me at least 7 years to prepare :p ).
I will even afford a sporting chance by allowing @stillshunter count as one, despite living outside the borders iirc :)