TOBS Jermyn Street Cream?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I have knocked off a couple more tubs of older soap that was laying around unappreciated (such as Vitos).
Went looking for 'something' better.
Decided on TOBS Jermyn Street cream.
Should have asked you folks first really. But it's ordered and in the mail now.
So...good move/bad move?
How do you folks rate the Jermyn Street Cream?
I have read that the scent is quite light (almost non-existent apparently).

First shave with Jermyn Street today.
Yes, I like it. The scent is OK, the slickness is OK.
Certainly way ahead of the Rasozero I have been using up.
TOBS is good stuff, but I prefer soaps these days instead of cream. They work better as a bowl lather which I rarely bother with anymore, and it is much too easy to add too much water and have the lather fall apart, which is less likely in a soap. If you do not add enough water, you often get irritation. Coming from Canned Foam however, creams are easier to manage than soaps.

The Jermyn St scent is probably the best of TOBS range IMHO, however this is not a dig at the other collections which are overall excellent. I tend to get some reactivity from their Sandalwood after continued use, pretty sure there is a fragrance oil in there somewhere but it does smell nice. Proraso Red is my choice instead there.

The old brands are still around for a reason - they are good products with scents that have stood the test of time. Truefitt 1805 is another favourite of mine, possibly the best of the 3T's.