Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Considering I used your handle as inspiration, I can hardly object to Troy doing another for a fellow P&Cer :LOL:
I think you may have surpassed my design in overall aesthetic the rounded semi bee hive base looks good. How does it feel in the hand?
The beauty about Kakadu Gold was that @TroyTools made it to my exact measurements and fits like a 3rd thumb

I think you may have surpassed my design in overall aesthetic the rounded semi bee hive base looks good. How does it feel in the hand?

@TroyTools will have to answer that question. He only finished it yesterday and the pics were taken today so I won't see it for a few days. I've ordered an Oumo Motherlode knot so it won't be for a few weeks yet before it gets any use.

The wife is bee mad, so the hive look was a given. She liked the feel of a larger handle so I asked Troy to make one and we added the semi hive look to break up the plain handle a little.

Many thanks to @Holiday for his generous PIF of a carbide tipped woodturning chisel. (y)
This chisel has the perfect sharp narrow point for me to plunge straight into the join between two colours and hit perfect separation of the two.
We go from this:
9VZvxzK.jpg

To this:
cVaefZo.jpg

yaH9sQf.jpg

5ut5jTk.jpg

Just too pretty. Purple/Grey/Green Ghost Chameleon colour shifting handle.
It changes colour depending on the angle you view it from, plus the amount/intensity of light reflecting back at you at any given moment.
It is predominantly a dark candy Purple in strong light, and the other colours show in dimmer lighting, and changing the angle of vision makes them show also.
Occasionally the sides will be Green &/or Grey, with the centre area still being purple. Really plays tricks on your eyes when it's in the hand.

1st one of it's kind from myself, using new techniques in colouring and finishing that I hadn't yet attempted before.
I'd say it turned out pretty good!

Fitted with a customer supplied Lansky HD G5 24mm knot, set high in the handle, soon to be in the hands of it's adventurous new owner, willing to take a risk on unproven colour application and finishing techniques.
Thank you @StratMan for your patience waiting for this one.
All that curing time paid off well.

aY4P21N.jpg

It changes colour depending on the angle you view it from, plus the amount/intensity of light reflecting back at you at any given moment.
It is predominantly a dark candy Purple in strong light, and the other colours show in dimmer lighting, and changing the angle of vision makes them show also.
Occasionally the sides will be Green &/or Grey, with the centre area still being purple. Really plays tricks on your eyes when it's in the hand.

1st one of it's kind from myself, using new techniques in colouring and finishing that I hadn't yet attempted before.

Fitted with a customer supplied Lansky HD G5 24mm knot, set high in the handle, soon to be in the hands of it's adventurous new owner, willing to take a risk on unproven colour application and finishing techniques.

aY4P21N.jpg

Very pretty!

absolutely stunning mate, I love it :love: and not a problem on my end at all with my patience.. if anything thanks for your patience, persistence and not giving up. your a true craftsman with exceptional customer service (y)

here is another pic I love, you cant see the colour shift to grey/green in this pic but can sort of see the change in colour in the 'shadow' the reflected light makes..

i'll be sure to show that will be on display in some SOTD pics shortly.. I just love how deep this purple goes

I shall name this one 'purple haze'

52302581533_520dce20ed_b.jpg

aY4P21N.jpg
Gorgeous - congratulations on the Purple Haze @StratMan

absolutely stunning mate, I love it :love: and not a problem on my end at all with my patience.. if anything thanks for your patience, persistence and not giving up. your a true craftsman with exceptional customer service (y)

here is another pic I love, you cant see the colour shift to grey/green in this pic but can sort of see the change in colour in the 'shadow' the reflected light makes..

i'll be sure to show that will be on display in some SOTD pics shortly.. I just love how deep this purple goes

A beautiful brush, and well done Troy. (y) Which coin did you end up going for?

aY4P21N.jpg
Congrats @TroyTools and @StratMan for the new brush as the colours and shape look amazing! :eek::eek::eek:

aY4P21N.jpg
The Phantom shaving brush.

Well done, @TroyTools and @StratMan - absolutely beautiful!

aY4P21N.jpg
Amazingly beautiful! So jealous of @StratMan

That's actually a fantastic name, and quite fitting.. but my love for strats and Hendrix is strong 😎

It's not christened yet so still have time to change it? Hmmmm 🤔
Heh, we could start a thread of comic-book themed brushes. :p I remember seeing a certain Forgotten Art brush named after the Huntress - here you go, I found it...