Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Yes, the photo does suffer from poor photography and resolution loss when resizing.
It's a beautiful deep purple and gold. I took a video in the sun, which for those who haven't seen it yet can view here to get a better look.
They look so much nicer in the sunlight!

Many thanks mate as that handle looks spectacular! :love:
You have a talent and still stunned with how shiny you polish your handles as the one I won in the Auction is a real looker. (y)(y)(y)

Yes, the photo does suffer from poor photography and resolution loss when resizing.
It's a beautiful deep purple and gold. I took a video in the sun, which for those who haven't seen it yet can view here to get a better look.

Nothing to see here Gents - move on. Troy has got lots of wonderful blanks, handles and brushes. You don't need this one :sneaky:

Jokes aside this is a really beautiful handle @TroyTools and if it was a smaller diameter would already be in my den

If I didn't have an exisiting brush in a similar colour swirl pattern I would snap that up faster than you can say " express post".(y)

Ok cool, so I can make billet aluminium handles too.
Quickly knocked this one up today (all bloody day)
Left it a "machined finish". The industrial look. Not afraid of fingerprints.
Steel wool rub over tool marks. Doesn't remove them, but doesn't take a week to polish either!
Solid right through.
Lessons learned: It can be done!
GobN0oQ.jpg

Steel wool rub over tool marks. Doesn't remove them, but doesn't take a week to polish either!
Solid right through.
GobN0oQ.jpg
Now thats a nice brush.

Next stop Titanium ;)
I dunno about titanium with my modest equipment. :cautious:
I wonder what a solid silver handle would cost?:LOL:
Ah who cares, you guys can afford it!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now thats a nice brush.
Thanks @Ebonysw45 . They can only get nicer with more polishing and toolmark removal.
By 4 o'clock I'd had enough of this one. It wasn't gonna be this good, even with the toolmarks still in it.

Solid right through.
GobN0oQ.jpg
Wowzers that's the nicest Aluminium brush I've seen. Sign me up! :eek:

Solid right through.
GobN0oQ.jpg
I'm gonna take a punt and say that you didn't turn this by hand on a wood lathe? :p Looks great though

Solid right through.
GobN0oQ.jpg

INSPIRING!

I'm gonna take a punt and say that you didn't turn this by hand on a wood lathe? :p Looks great though
You would be correct @Wilkshire13 . This was turned on an aussie made Hercus metal lathe which was built in 1947 in downtown Adelaide. Awesome old lathe, still very accurate, and a real pleasure to use. Just gotta be patient with it and take small cuts each time.

You would be correct @Wilkshire13 . This was turned on an aussie made Hercus metal lathe which was built in 1947 in downtown Adelaide. Awesome old lathe, still very accurate, and a real pleasure to use. Just gotta be patient with it and take small cuts each time.
Hercus is just around the corner from where I work. I'd wondered what they make there. One of their maintenance blokes came in the other day to get a hose made up for oil return on a machine.

Looks like you can get them refurbished too, but will have to be selling a few brushes to make it worthwhile!

Looks like you can get them refurbished too, but will have to be selling a few brushes to make it worthwhile!
That's pretty cool! I don't think the 260 model had been invented when mine was made. Mine is a "Hercus 9" Type A.
A "Southbend" clone made under licence. Some differences with how the compound mounts to the cross slide, but nearly all other parts are interchangeable. These lathes are very sought after in the home hobby machining fraternity, and I was lucky enough to pick it up with heaps of accessories and tooling, not just bare minimum. Many new parts are still available for it too. Some I do need to get. Bearing wicks, way wipers, etc.

Wow, surprised myself with this one today. A resin pour of my own (I've been working on this colour scheme given the popularity)

TFPlNnA.jpg
In all seriousness these photo's don't do this one any justice as the combination of colours with a high polish make it really pop! A simple style that fits great in the hand and with the 2 Band Finest badger knot you have a lathering machine... (y)(y)(y)

Solid right through.
GobN0oQ.jpg

Hi Troy, beautiful handle mate and well done for giving it a go. I can see a brass handle to match the Karve in my future.
I like the look of that knot it looks fairly scrubby with good backbone and flow through.
What size is it?

Hi Troy, beautiful handle mate and well done for giving it a go. I can see a brass handle to match the Karve in my future.
I like the look of that knot it looks fairly scrubby with good backbone and flow through.
What size is it?
Thanks @Holiday for the kind words.
That handle was made for a 24mm knot because of the maximum size of the piece of stock I had to work with. I wanted to have some material around the knot socket that would hold a couple of features without being too thin afterwards.
I do believe we'll be seeing a brass handle soon too! (After I work out the order of operations in which to perform all the cuts):)
Stay tuned.

Oh wow, a custom ordered brush here in the form of "nature's plastic" (buffalo horn).
Harder and denser than anything I've turned on the wood lathe before (stinks to hell too when working it) but boy it turned out just beautiful. All natural character grain included under the natural shine by sanding and polishing only.
Look for it soon in the monthly acquisitions thread I'm sure.
Topped with a 28mm 2 band fan.

klvClaB.jpg

hmFARYn.jpg

Oh wow, a custom ordered brush here in the form of "nature's plastic" (buffalo horn).
Harder and denser than anything I've turned on the wood lathe before (stinks to hell too when working it) but boy it turned out just beautiful. All natural character grain included under the natural shine by sanding and polishing only.
Look for it soon in the monthly acquisitions thread I'm sure.
Topped with a 28mm 2 band fan.

klvClaB.jpg

hmFARYn.jpg
Paging @Errol or @Rami...? :bag: