Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Just couldn't help thinking Captain America had fallen into a blender as I polished this one this afternoon.:unsure::eek:

qmvTVfe.jpg

mVESEWM.jpg
Outstanding work there @TroyTools! o_O:eek:

So how did he pour that?
A 3D "X" pattern inside the lightly tinted violet/clear base. Top is Duo Violet Brass, mixed with same clear/purple glitter used in the 3D X.

Mutant X.

gVlanzk.jpg

mudm9fM.jpg
o5a1mto.jpg

6yLwZAM.jpg

YbjI5y8.jpg

Got a chance to use my DIY precision drilling jig on the lathe recently. This is what I did with it.

So how did he pour that?
A 3D "X" pattern inside the lightly tinted violet/clear base. Top is Duo Violet Brass, mixed with same clear/purple glitter used in the 3D X.

Mutant X.

gVlanzk.jpg

mudm9fM.jpg
o5a1mto.jpg

6yLwZAM.jpg

YbjI5y8.jpg

Got a chance to use my DIY precision drilling jig on the lathe recently. This is what I did with it.
Stunning results there mate! :eek:

So how did he pour that?

Mutant X.

gVlanzk.jpg

mudm9fM.jpg
o5a1mto.jpg

6yLwZAM.jpg

YbjI5y8.jpg

Very nice @TroyTools
And nice to see you exploring unusual and new techniques mate 👍
Cheers TF

Last edited by a moderator:
Baking burls for stabilising. Into the oven to lose their moisture weight
FSvnB5k.jpg

Cooling down in plastic bags to keep them out of the atmospheric humidity while they cool before going into the cactus juice
bLVt4If.jpg

Stacked and filled. See you in a few months burls.
ZexbgD3.jpg

Look at all that air being sucked out of them!
pQU6nMG.jpg

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing a finished handle

You've nailed the shapes and designs with amazing colour combinations but what really stands out for me is the medallion/coin as very impressive!

I'm certain when the time comes to expand my already vast brush collection I'll be sure to add a Troycraft custom brush with a coin. (y)

So beautiful that handle, combined my favourite colours of Silver and Blue, with a touch of Red thrown in,............. just because........
It takes a 26mm knot. (28.3mm knot socket internal diameter, 15.3mm deep)
Yeah... but every time I look at it I see a super hero's demise as Captain America is blended, a brush of honor for the P&C villain's maybe