Used just one soap for some time...

I've been using Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes exclusively for >70% of this year. It just won't die! I'm well into the doughnut of death but I'm still not sure I'll get it done before Xmas. It seems to be getting harder as I've used it more so if I'm in a rush of a morning I'm reverting to my stick of Arko, which will be my next soap to use up after this one, depending on whether or not I use my Col Conk puck in the shower... I'll give it another chance before doing so, just in case. I thought the C&E was nothing to write home about when I first tried it but after using it awhile and working out its nuances, I can see that it's actually a pretty good soap - more than satisfactory in fact.

This has become my way of thinning the herd - just use stuff until it has gone and then move onto the next. Started with soft soaps and they went relatively quickly without being very memorable. Now that I'm into the triple milled stuff as well as the sticks I can see this is gonna take awhile! But this soap literally "takes the cake" for consistently building a luxurious lather without appearing to actually use any damn soap!

My MWF puck as well as my Lea shave stick for travel will be last off the rank, as they are the best. I may just buy those going forwards... we shall see if I get sick of them. Although I've heard good things about the Wilky shave stick and it will be hard to give up my stick of La Toja... if I want a change from MWF at home then a puck of Lea Classic would probably make a nice change - it's a close second, unless I count my bar of Dove shea butter but that's an entirely different category.

Anyways, soft soaps just aren't for me - they have never rated above the triple milled stuff in my mind. Not totally sure why but they feel wasteful and I don't like the excessive ingredients in many of them either. Having said that, I could happily use Arko from here on with a good balm, if I used the box of sticks as an air freshener in my shed first. Like Cella, there is way too much fragrance in new soaps but when they have aired out it becomes quite inoffensive...

As you can see, I am becoming a lot less fussy these days.