Vintage Schicks have arrived!

Deal is done. 30 blades heading my way. I'll be really interested in putting these up against my dwindling Spoiler stock.

Yeah I'm about to embark on that one too. GT very kindly piffed me a few of his Spoilers. Tried one before from the vintage blade pif and was very impressed. The problem is that I've got a Shick that just refuses to die. It'll be shave No 12 tomorrow.

PJ, let me do the maths here. I usually only shave every second day and your saying these puppies are good for at least 12 shaves... 30 blades x 24 days between blade changes = about 2 years for $22.00.

Or I could spend that per month at Woolies on Fusion/Mach 3 carts.... Then when I've used up the Schicks I've still got 27 Spoilers and about 50 other various DE blades to work through. I'd rather DE shave and spend the money saved on something useful, like beer :laugh:

... or on a great Somerset Simpson Chubby 3 :D

PJ, let me do the maths here. I usually only shave every second day and your saying these puppies are good for at least 12 shaves... 30 blades x 24 days between blade changes = about 2 years for $22.00..........

You shouldn't attempt this kind of maths because you just won't buy anything shaving related anymore I've got enough soaps for at least the next three years. Even with the DE blades I've got now there's enough to last five years. But I'm ignoring that and am buying as many Shicks as I can get. That's probably another ten years worth. And yes I reckon you can almost get a month/blade. It's depressing! Honestly, you're much better off buying Marks Somerset Simpson. There's true value there. And you'll use it, unlike a stash of blades that'll just sit in your drawer taking up space.

You shouldn't attempt this kind of maths because you just won't buy anything shaving related anymore I've got enough soaps for at least the next three years. Even with the DE blades I've got now there's enough to last five years. But I'm ignoring that and am buying as many Shicks as I can get. That's probably another ten years worth. And yes I reckon you can almost get a month/blade. It's depressing! Honestly, you're much better off buying Marks Somerset Simpson. There's true value there. And you'll use it, unlike a stash of blades that'll just sit in your drawer taking up space.

These are the words of a truly wise man!

[what sort of cut do you want?]

Tried one of these this morning. Sharp little buggers! :amazed: They do bite if you're not careful and I wasn't very careful... In my opinion just as sharp as a Spoiler but not as forgiving.

Yeah, you gotta be careful for the first couple at least. That's pretty much with both of them. Nothong wrong with a Spoiler but I'm finding that the Shick is the superior blade.

[shaving product advertisement rules]

Shaving with these things is like having your face caressed by angels as the hairs simply fall by the wayside AND you are guaranteed to get a month of fine shaves out of each blade AND you will be irresistible to women after using them.

[/shaving product advertisement rules]

I want my money back !

Not seriously, but I have tried two of these now, and they don't work for me. I had 3-4 days growth tonight admittedly, but the Schick felt extremely grabby after less than 1/2 a pass. Swapped it out with the Spoiler it was supposed to replace (which must be 10 shaves in at least), and had a much better shave.

I guess that must mean I have around 27-28 of these left, so if anyone wants to swap them for something else, let me know.

I want my money back !

Not seriously, but I have tried two of these now, and they don't work for me. I had 3-4 days growth tonight admittedly, but the Schick felt extremely grabby after less than 1/2 a pass. Swapped it out with the Spoiler it was supposed to replace (which must be 10 shaves in at least), and had a much better shave.

I guess that must mean I have around 27-28 of these left, so if anyone wants to swap them for something else, let me know.

ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me.

Not sure what I've got that you might want?

A list off the top of my head is;
some Spoilers without the spoiler sticker (1970 vintage),
some Maltese dark blues,
I have some soaps I am willing to trade, Cella,
Proraso both only used once or twice.

I want my money back !

Did we forget to tell you that the Schicks aren't certified for operation between 23.5 degrees North and 23.5 degrees South?

Very strange mate. Best blades I've had the good fortune to encounter. YMMV and all that I guess!