Review Washpool Farm Shaving Soap

I rang the lady that owns Washpool soaps and had a really excellent chat today. She seems to understand the needs of the wet shaver quite well and tests her soap with a variety of brushes. Thanks for doing the review @nav1 it will be helpful to quite a few people.

After a couple of uses of the LG,L,LM...the lemon myrtle is making a stronger appearance and I can't be happier!

Melissa has nailed it with these two new scents!
Very, very enjoyable shaves, not to mention the closeness and post-shave feel!

Put an order in for the Bergamot, Cedarwood & Patchouli. Look forward to seeing what it is like. By the time that comes and by the time I pass the travelling box on I will have a weeks worth of new soaps to try LOL.

Put an order in for the Bergamot, Cedarwood & Patchouli. Look forward to seeing what it is like. By the time that comes and by the time I pass the travelling box on I will have a weeks worth of new soaps to try LOL.

I ordered a full tub of the BCP shaving soap too :D

This is one soap that I definitely want to take overseas with me! Each time I used the sample, it was a total pleasure!!

Please do share a review once you've had some experience with it.

I have made an order for the same BCP, I might get this delivery by early next week with some luck and if someone hasn't posted a review before me i'll put one up.

I logged on to buy the Lemon Mertyl but $18 for the soap and $10 for P&H...
Sorry, but I'm not ready to spend $28 on it. Really want to support an Aussie small business but....
Not that they are gouging. $9 for 500g parcel post. If I were after more than one it would work but not for just one.

Sorry, but I'm not ready to spend $28 on it. Really want to support an Aussie small business but....
Not that they are gouging. $9 for 500g parcel post. If I were after more than one it would work but not for just one.
Any other P&Cers near you that you could split postage costs with?

Oops, forgot you were the solitary north Queenslander.

Any other P&Cers near you that you could split postage costs with?
Oops, forgot you were the solitary north Queenslander.

Yup... only me within 400km sadly.

I'll look at getting some next time I am in Brisbane. Not sure how that would work though. Maybe we'll take a long driver so the Mrs can look at some body soaps. Oh look... they do shave soap!

Give them a call and see what they can do. Also if you read on their website that they use both Aus Post and Start track express. Once you have made and paid for an order, they gather your items up and then weight and measure to make sure that they send via the cheapest rate they can. The price on their website is using Aus post, which is dearest, but also deliver to more places. They do that to cover themselves i guess, as a worst case scenrio postage price.

If postage comes in way cheaper than the price they list on their website they will add items to cover the price difference. Maybe a bar of soap or some samples etc.

I myself bought the missus a variety of soaps, so killed 2 birds with 1 stone :)

Yup... only me within 400km sadly.

I'll look at getting some next time I am in Brisbane. Not sure how that would work though. Maybe we'll take a long driver so the Mrs can look at some body soaps. Oh look... they do shave soap!
Even I have a P&Cer closer to me than that (albeit just for a week). In fact I think there used to be someone here from Katherine, but I don't remember them posting in a long time.

Myself and Dale Whiley are in Townsville. How far away are you Sxot? Maybe we can do a Townsville group buy.

Mackay here. The postage from Townsville to me would be the same as from Washpool to me. I'm going to see if the Mrs wants any soap, that would make the shipping more palatable.

@Brendan. I spoke to them via FB, asking if they had a local supplier. They were very apologetic but couldn't help in anyway other than suggest I buy more! :) I asked about shampoo bars and they said the soaps on the "Mens Grooming" page are multi-purpose and can be used as body/shampoo/shave. I am sceptical since it's not a specific formula, won't I just end up with soap scum in my hair???

I have the serum on the way with the soap. I'll post some feedback on that too in case you want to get it for you/your wife. That'll help offset the cost of shipping further.