Watcha wearing today?

Discussion started by Dan.05, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Jase

Jase Member

[​IMG]

Steinhart nav b-uhr 44

2. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free

I though Casios were cheapies, but they are solidly practical and have the retro cool thing among many watch nerds. Not all of course, there are plenty of purists out there that get snobby over digital. Their loss.

Pretty sure I'm going to step up to this as a daily, with my nice Seiko on dressy days and nights. Solar powered battery, lights up with wrist turn, the usual casio features found on all their models - world time, alarms etc, plus digital compass, altimeter and barometer/thermometer. I might have to go on a hike to justify it...

[​IMG]

FluffyGroodle, Benjamin and RazorPlay like this.
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Member 2018 Sabbatical

Nice watch @eggbert !

4. Cpt Bluebear

Cpt Bluebear Member

Soviet era Vostok

[​IMG]

Monsta_AU likes this.
  5. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

[​IMG]
    Not an expensive watch when new and even cheaper at the salvos but for $8 I thought why not.
    I like my crappy casios

FluffyGroodle, Benjamin and RazorPlay like this.
  6. Drubbing

I've ended up with 2 Casios (3 come xmas day). First two are cheapish plastic solars I use when we're playing hockey, but also really handy for checking the time in the US and UK where we have family and friends to keep in contact with.

But the pressie is a G Shock ana-dig instead of the Pro Trek above. I prefer hands on my watch.

Benjamin and Ferret619 like this.
  7. Ferret619

I typically go for hands too, this is my G shock
    [​IMG]

FluffyGroodle and Benjamin like this.
  8. Drubbing

Nice, bit busy dial for me though. How did you get the nato on there? I prefer them with the solars, but had to buy extender pieces which look and feel crap.

9. Ferret619

I’m actually not a huge fan of the dial myself but the nato was standard which is why I bought it, im guessing they would actually fit other g shocks aswell.

RazorPlay likes this.
  10. RazorPlay

RazorPlay Member

My G shock GD350 is fantastic for summer. No good for fitting under shirt cuffs but it rocks for everything else! Really visible negative display, torch level (auto) backlight, vibe alarm, world cities, five alarms etc etc. The lack of solar really improves the visibility of the negative (and positive) displays and with a 7-10 year battery life (and batteries as cheap as chips), I'll take the trade-off...

[​IMG]

Benjamin likes this.
  11. Drubbing

Doubt it. Casio have more lug and strap configurations than they do watch faces.

12. Ferret619

*shrug* TBH G shock are too big anyway.

13. Benjamin

Benjamin Member 2018 Sabbatical

[​IMG]
    Can I join the G-shock appreciation club too? This one is small by G-shock standards, but I can't pull off big watches.

Ferret619 and RazorPlay like this.
  14. RazorPlay

RazorPlay Member

@Benjamin - that's the original and best G Shock! Small enough to fit under a shirt cuff and more legible than most. Word has it that Kikuo Ibe, the creator of G Shock watches, still uses one as his daily wearer...

Benjamin likes this.
  15. dangerman

dangerman Member

With my broken leg I havn't been in much of a watch wearing mood. But I've just had the cast replaced with a boot, and my much improved mobility has done wonders for my morale. At least the injury gives me time for posts like this:

[​IMG]

Today I felt like something bright and colourful to counter the grey overcast skies in Sydney, so it's the turn of the Vostok Amphibia Ministry Case. Modified with aftermarket bezel, bezel insert and strap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2018
  16. Ferret619

[​IMG]
    Another swatch kinda day

17. dangerman

dangerman Member

Vostock Amphibia 090 model with a lovely toneau style case.

[​IMG]

Still unmodified except for the removing the horrible bracelet and putting on a NATO strap. One day I will get around to changing the bezel.

Benjamin, Mark1966 and FluffyGroodle like this.
  18. FluffyGroodle

FluffyGroodle Member

[​IMG]
    Omega Seamaster automatic circa 1960s. Inherited from my dad's collection when he passed away...one of my favourites from his collection.

Benjamin and dangerman like this.
  19. FluffyGroodle

FluffyGroodle Member

I have a big soft spot for Swatch watches. Swatch and Casio watches were EDC back in my school days :)

Ferret619 likes this.
  20. Ferret619

I’m rocking a Casio currently hehe

FluffyGroodle likes this.