We are back online....

Thanks for your work RM. The site is running A-OK on Tapatalk from Italy. I just hope we aren't fucking up your own connection at home though.

Thanks Hunny but the effort involved in that is about the same as a VM rebuild, fresh reinstall of vBulletin and DB restore.

I think I understand what Drubs is saying now - the writes to the DB is slow, hence the reason why the post submission feels slow. Everything else on DB reads seems pretty good though - search, load thread, jump page.

That's what happens when you move the VM from this:

DL385p-Gen8.png

to this:

59-107-052-Z01.jpg

I have tonight restarted the rebuild process of the VM in the hosting centre. I have cut over the DNS for my domains to it already as the primary DNS server which should help on the load at a minimum.

My personal domain is also back there being hosted. I use that for loading images on forums etc. Again, some threads YKW have 10-15 images of mine in them and every time someone loads that it was coming from my home connection.

Hopefully I will be able to migrate the forum back to the hosting in the next week or so. No estimates yet.

Understood. I am thankful for the offer but the rebuild process has already begun.

I will be adding another layer of security on the server also, and enforcing a password change for everybody too.

Fair enough.

I had no access this morning again, I assume it was from your changes to the DNS?

Fair enough.

I had no access this morning again, I assume it was from your changes to the DNS?

DNS was resolving for me by the time I went to bed, and the A record on the primary nameserver never changed in any case - just swapped around nameserver glue records and removed the 'temporary' DNS server. But at 3am I did miss a mismatched domain A record and thus you were going to the 'newly rebuilt' server and getting the new domain page of where P&C will end up again, instead of DNS redirecting you to my Microserver.

Things can be a little flaky on the connection, especially with a number of things running.

DNS was resolving for me by the time I went to bed, and the A record on the primary nameserver never changed in any case - just swapped around nameserver glue records and removed the 'temporary' DNS server. But at 3am I did miss a mismatched domain A record and thus you were going to the 'newly rebuilt' server and getting the new domain page of where P&C will end up again, instead of DNS redirecting you to my Microserver..........

I can't even say that I was with you all the way to "DNS was resolving for me" because even that is complete abracadabra to me, but in any case thanks for looking after the site for us. By the way, I'd be happy to become a contributor if ths is costing you any dosh. I'll even continue to wear the Uncultured Philistine badge you gave me.

I can't even say that I was with you all the way to "DNS was resolving for me" because even that is complete abracadabra to me, but in any case thanks for looking after the site for us. By the way, I'd be happy to become a contributor if ths is costing you any dosh. I'll even continue to wear the Uncultured Philistine badge you gave me.

I tend to agree - my reading of that was something along the lines of "zerfluggle shabnt werflegluger" but I am delighted that our noble leader rises from his rest to discover a "left handed veeblevtser was snorgling the schrithyblocker" More power to you RM and I too am willing to make a (modest) financial contribution should it be able to assist.

Ditto re financial contribution

Changing a password though - now THAT is pushing the limits ....

Well, I went to post over at YKW and got this. Made me feel much better!

BadgerBladeServerFail.png

Thanks for all the offers of monetary support, unfortunately that is not a problem (or a problem that needs fixing). What is required is effort and time, something I am in short supply of right now. We will be back to normal soon in any case.