Welcome...

Welcome aboard @David.Nesci - you will find lots of fantastic info here, and there is a solid core of Adelaide shavers represented here!

Welcome to P&C @David.Nesci great to have you join the community, you will find a very large contingent of passionate SA based wet shavers here. There are a number of restoration keen shavers too!

Welcome @David.Nesci - great to have you here and I am sure you will have a great time (y)

The resident Super-Honmeister-Guru is @Mark - but he is based in Sydney. He is super helpful and I am sure, if you contact him, he can give you lots of advice...

Otherwise @bald as is based in Adelaide as well as @Robbie d (who is a knife maker)...both talk about nothing else than honing and straight razors during our regular Adelaide meet-ups - so it would be great to have someone at the table, who actually listens to them :D :D :D

You might want to just come along - details can be always found in this thread:

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...adelaide-get-together.2063/page-11#post-89127

The next one is in 8 days (Sunday, 5th.Feb) - hope to see you there (y)

BTW: what brushes and soaps do you like?

Welcome mate!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
My main soap is proraso green (can't go wrong) but I have also used an egg white soap and a sandalwood soap from menz biz (in Melbourne).
To be honest the egg white soap lathered up quite nicely, and the sandalwood fragrance is pretty awesome.
I have a very small collection of blades (2 solingen, 1 long life, 1 gold dollar, 1 shavette) and I use naniwa stones.
Although I am looking to add a dubl duck blade to the collection soon. I am sure we all know how easy it is to spend money on this habit of ours? haha