Well done for everyone coming together to keep the site going :)

That was quick.

What features are you expecting to gain/lose in the transition ?

That was quick.

Indeed. I had some money come to me which I was not expecting. It's probably one of the more important things I do so I can get the forums more accessible and hopefully drive traffic to them.

What features are you expecting to gain/lose in the transition ?

I expect to gain speed, extra integration (especially with Facebook likes etc) and also users will be able to register direct from their FB account.

Loses - well there's not much to lose if you are prepared to run a few extensions instead of relying on core forum functionality. There is a 'Front Page CMS' extension called XenPorta which fills the hole for the front page, and there is an extension to import and run the blogs also. Otherwise all my back end stuff is already running on the new forum - Tapatalk, Google Analytics, and sitemaps for Google.

My major concern is that I need to import all this data and there will be some issues to make it work. Luckily the import process can be run many times over from an SQL dump.

EDIT: Was just approved for AdSense - hopefully that will help pay for CPanel each month.

More news this morning - it seems XenForo has now upgraded their site to version 1.3a2 - that is they are running their own alpha code on their site to test!

Usually we would see a beta come out 1-2 weeks afterwards, and a full release about another 4 weeks afterwards. It has quite a few nice features.

Dogfooding means to use your own product and realise what it is like to actually use........

Having done a few computer programming courses at Uni, I wouldn't have thought that warrants a separate slang term as if it's something unusual. But then came the Obama health care plan roll out and the realisation that even the highest paid programmers don't eat a lot of dog food.

I'm finding the forum fantastic to use on a big screen now. PM's have evolved into conversations so you have your own private thread' in my opinion much better than VB. The only forum I spend a lot of time on in comparison is OCAU.
My only personal request in the future would be that we could choose different colour backgrounds; not a big deal though, as it's only on PC you would see those, not on Tapatalk which is where I do a lot of foruming.

Whilst on the issue of foruming, I down loaded the Tapatalk app on my iPhone but can't find the site through that. Are we not connected to tapatalk or am I just not foruming material? The latter is generally a given so don't be afraid to call me an IT retard. Do I need to dogfood something first?

Last edited:
Whilst on the issue of foruming, I down loaded the Tapatalk app on my iPhone but can't find the site through that. Are we not connected to tapatalk or am I just not foruming material? The latter is generally a given so don't be afraid to call me an IT retard. Do I need to dogfood something first?
You are an IT retard.

Go to app.

Do Search for 'shaving'.

Scroll down until Paste And Cut is found. It's currently 8th in that list.

Tap on listing.

Enter username and password.

You log in.

Oh I see. If you enter shaving it'll immediately come up with a huge list of shaving related forums but if you enter Paste and Cut rather than Paste & Cut it comes up blank. Without an explanation as to why or any suggestion that might help. Dogfooding.....more dogfooding....