SYD Western Sydney Meet in March

So, for those of you who have been to meet ups before how did you go about telling your wife/husband/SO that you're going to meet a bunch of blokes you talk to about shaving on the internet? She already thinks I'm a weirdo for watching shaving videos on YouTube and posting here.

Good advice from the others - also take the approach described here - New from Rockingham WA

It is really all about HER!

Alternatively view it as an INVESTMENT in building knowledge about valuable COLLECTIBLES which could grow significantly in value.

If none of this is successful enlist the help of another P&C member thus -

Yep. For me this is a hobby, and so I'm not meeting up with a bunch of blokes to talk about shaving per se, but rather to talk about our hobby. We are comparing brushes and razors etc not just discussing how to shave.

And compared to other hobbies I have (for example photography, cycling) this is very cheap, so my wife is happy :)

But she does think it's weird. She said to me once "it's like being into washing your hair". Thankfully she promised "for better or worse" ;)

Yep. For me this is a hobby, and so I'm not meeting up with a bunch of blokes to talk about shaving per se, but rather to talk about our hobby. We are comparing brushes and razors etc not just discussing how to shave.

And compared to other hobbies I have (for example photography, cycling) this is very cheap, so my wife is happy :)

But she does think it's weird. She said to me once "it's like being into washing your hair". Thankfully she promised "for better or worse" ;)

My wife likens it to Avon/Tupperware parties for blokes ;)

She does however concede their is more expensive hobbies out their.

Last edited:
Haha, cheers boys! I really haven't spent that much on shaving gear (yet anyway), so that's never been an issue. I just think she's going to think it's a strange thing to do.

just ask her would she rather you having a coffee and talking shaving or drinking too many beers at the pub then coming home smelling like a brewery :p
But darling, ice!
Why not ice?

Hi All,
So a quick update!

Looking to pick a Sunday afternoon on either the 6th or 13th March from about 2pm onwards.

Tentative venues either being Pj Gallagher's or The Commercial Hotel in Parramatta.

2 questions:
How are those dates for everyone?
Which venue would you prefer?

Both venues are close to public transport & the Westfield's so if you want to do some shopping/run errands before the meet up that option is there.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ditto. Both dates work for me ATM. Location is good too- geographical centre of Sydney. Either venue would be okay.

Thanks for the follow up @Hocky27

Yeah both dates should work for me, both venues look fine.

The sooner we lock in a date the best chance we will have for @filobiblic to get @shavetheman Con to attend.
Haha! I think Con doesn't need me to prod him into coming along. He enjoys the shaving meets and has been along to both Sydney and Melbourne P&C meets in the past. [emoji6]

13th March it is all & let's do PJ's as I've actually been there so have a vague recollection. Plus parking should be easier around there.

Ok by me,could you advise the address?
Corner of Church Street and the Hume Highway - about 10 mins walk from Westfield and the train station.

PJ's Irish Pub Parramatta
74 Church St (Cnr of Parks St), Parramatta NSW