What brushes are in your daily brush rotation

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
My current daily brush rotation is only 4 as I'm living in a very tight space.

1. Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm (received this new brush today)

2. Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm

3. Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm

4. Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Handle 24/50mm

And all my other brushes are put away clean which I've used them, and when I move into a bigger unit I'll start using them which I really had to get them something special just for me which are:-

5. RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic 24/57mm

6. Semogue 620 21/50mm

7. Semogue 830 22/55mm

8. Semogue 1800 22/55mm

9. Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/57mm

10. Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm

11. Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger 23/48mm

12. Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger 20/45mm

13. Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger 27/50mm

14. Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger v2.0 fiber 27/52mm (IF I go away overseas again this is the brush I take with me)

Last edited:
My rotation is as follows.

Day 1 - The brush I got from @filobiblic or maybe @stillshunter (I think they may be the same person so I shall refer to them as filohunter. :)
Day 2 - See Day 1
Day 3 etc etc see Day 1

No decisions to make no spreadsheets to consult - Life is easy

filohunter! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
(Sounds like the word for someone hunting for a Fillet-O-Fish -usually past midnight, and usually due to cravings/munchies...!!!!)

Day 1 - The brush I got from @filobiblic or maybe @stillshunter (I think they may be the same person so I shall refer to them as filohunter. :)
Day 2 - See Day 1
Day 3 etc etc see Day 1

Ha ha ha. Can't help but imagine the House of Filohunter" in a game of thrones against the House of Drubegmos....staffed with the offspring of @Drubbing @eggbert and @gthomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Semogue 1305

Does that count as a rotation?

I am considering a SOC 2-band though, speedy must like them to have two on the go!

@Nonick I've already had my SOC 2-Band Badger in Cherry Wood for about 5 or 6 months ago once the tips has soften up after about 15 or 25 used either hand or bowl lather the tips will soften up some badger hair will started to curl (more) and therefore starting to feel more like "gel" tips, and once this is done and starting to feel more like "gel" tips you can face lather without any scritching or scratchy feel and it worth the wait and it worth getting this SOC 2-Band Badger and the backbone is fantastic believe me their is nothing wrong with SOC 2 Band Badger.

Further more make sure you get yours from vintagescent.com why because they've change the 2 band badger hair around April or June this year because they were many men complaining about scritching or scratchy feel, since I got the new SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood the tips are soft with the latest badger hair so no more scritching or scratchy feel which means you can use the brush straight away. Keep mind those they do have the previous old version of the SOC 2 Band Badger in stock and they do have scritching or scratchy feel so make sure you get the latest version of the new SOC 2 Band Badger, and IF you didn't get the latest SOC 2 Band Badger please don't worry as I said before the tips has soften up after about 15 or 25 used either hand or bowl lather the tips will soften up some badger hair will started to curl (more) and therefore starting to feel more like "gel" tips the more you used it believe me you'll love it as I love mine very much.

Or what I normally do I send an email to vintagescent.com to make sure you want the latest SOC 2 Band Badger hair without the scritching or scratchy feel before you make an order that way you don't get caught out.

PS. I got the old version of the SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood with the scritching or scratchy feel from The Stray Whisker.

Last edited:

Day 2 - See Day 1
Day 3 etc etc see Day 1

@gthomas04 smartarse cheeky rooster I think we're all having Chicken for dinner tonight so who got the bloody axe :p:D;).................:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:........:whistle::whistle:...:whistle:

Paladin Chief with Lee Sabini knot
Paladin PK-47 with Lee Sabini knot
Shavemac 2-band Silvertip with custom Rudy Vey Handle
Epsilon 2-band Silvertip with custom Doug Korn handle
Envy White knot with custom Nathan Clark handle

1 more on its way
1 more knot and custom handle ordered/discussed

Omega 49, Stirling Kong and Whipped Dog synthetic are mostly there to remind me how much I love my badger line-up

1 more on its way
1 more knot and custom handle ordered/discussed

what.gif
oh%20my.gif
please.gif
no!.gif
it's%20not%20fair.gif

Somogue:
LE cerda

Omega:
11745 x 2
10065 x 2

Zenith TVB boar
Zenith Pro boar

Simpson Commodore X2 in best
Vintage handle with TGN 2 band finest

Maggard synth

Would love to get some thoughts on the Zeniths...

@alfredus
Honestly, the zenith TVB boar is amongst my all time favorite brush.
It's 55mm loft and looks like an omega but trust me, it's way better than any omega!

The knot is denser but the bristles are finer so don't give a "broom" feel like the omega. It's a perfect balance between semogue and omega.

But for overall luxury, I prefer my semogue boars. The lather is always great and the face feel is awesome.

Last edited:
I think everybody has seen my weekly rotation of brushes.

In case you missed them here they are in 'Myrsol Week' format -