What brushes are in your daily brush rotation

@alfredus
Honestly, the zenith TVB boar is amongst my all time favorite brush.
It's 55mm loft and looks like an omega but trust me, it's way better than any omega!

The knot is denser but the bristles are finer so don't give a "broom" feel like the omega. It's a perfect balance between semogue and omega.

But for overall luxury, I prefer my semogue boars. The lather is always great and the face feel is awesome.

I assume all your boars are well broken in? Could you please show a picture of:

Semogue 1800, your largest Omega and the Zeniths - all together

Again, please use only your well used brushes - if the Semogue is still new, then please go to the next size - but not the Cerda, as it is a unique brush

1. Occam''s SB 24mm
2. Simpson Chubby CH1 SB
3. St James of London 28mm Silvertip.

Rinse and Repeat as they say, no synthetics for me.

I assume all your boars are well broken in? Could you please show a picture of:

Semogue 1800, your largest Omega and the Zeniths - all together

Again, please use only your well used brushes - if the Semogue is still new, then please go to the next size - but not the Cerda, as it is a unique brush

Yup, all broken in.
I've sent you a pm with pic of requested brushes.

This is what arrived today
2f4458193eb06938b4158f98a0fced10.jpg

And the general rotation shelves
d6208065a321a678ff2f90d490670327.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which side is this on ;)
Given that I have it from a reliable source that you also have a 7 drawer dressing table, each drawer containing a set of socks and underwear for each day, and what really tips it over the edge is the underwear is colour matched to the Myrsol for that day. You can guess which side of the line this puts you. :)

Mate what brushes are first and third (from the left) on the top shelf and first on the bottom shelf. And is top shelf your "top shelf"

First on the top shelf is a Wolf Whiskers brush. A bishop in seven seas if I remember correctly. Third along, the brown one? Is a custom Brad Sears brush we called the S8. Or if you meant the next one along with the clear handle that was a custom from Midas brushes in the UK. It's based on the rubberset 400.

First on the next shelf is a Thater 4125/1. One of my favourite brushes. There isn't really a favourite shelf just how they end up after drying and rotating.

First on the top shelf is a Wolf Whiskers brush. A bishop in seven seas if I remember correctly. Third along, the brown one? Is a custom Brad Sears brush we called the S8. Or if you meant the next one along with the clear handle that was a custom from Midas brushes in the UK. It's based on the rubberset 400.

First on the next shelf is a Thater 4125/1. One of my favourite brushes. There isn't really a favourite shelf just how they end up after drying and rotating.
I have one of those Thater 4125/1 2 bands on the way at the moment and cannot wait. I just received a 3 band Thater 4125/1 as well and whilst it does not have as much backbone as I am use to it is so soft and luxurious and whips up a great lather.

That Midas brush looks awesome!

Can you please share some more info on the Shavemac brush I see i the picture? knot type, size loft etc and also your thought son the brush.

I have one of those Thater 4125/1 2 bands on the way at the moment and cannot wait. I just received a 3 band Thater 4125/1 as well and whilst it does not have as much backbone as I am use to it is so soft and luxurious and whips up a great lather.

Can you please share some more info on the Shavemac brush I see i the picture? knot type, size loft etc and also your thought son the brush.

The brown one?

It was a group buy from the shaving room last Christmas. It's 26mm x 50mm. I'd say that's too low a loft for a bulb but would be perfect in fan. I'd personally have it somewhere between 52 & 54 loft. It's 2 band Silvertip hair

I've not tried a three band Thater. The two band is nice and soft though.

The brown one?

It was a group buy from the shaving room last Christmas. It's 26mm x 50mm. I'd say that's too low a loft for a bulb but would be perfect in fan. I'd personally have it somewhere between 52 & 54 loft. It's 2 band Silvertip hair
Awesome looking brush mate.

A certain blue cobalt brush must have looked nice among that lot.....