What is the most effective blade you've used?

What no more than 1000 of each. That would be your definition of no real quantity wouldnt it?

I'm sure real quantity is relative to the size of the RM blade bank. For us mere mortals it's likely enough blades to last into the next decade.

Actually, in the Spoilers I have 20, Schick Platinum Plus I have possibly 10, the Gillette Platinum Plus I have 5, and the White Platinums I have 20 in packs and a couple loose.

I have a few other assorted blades such as one sealed NOS dispenser of Wilkinson Light Brigades, a few packs of Schick Super Chromiums, and about 40 Personna Chromium blades.

Bloody hell RM. I initially thought you were quoting these quantities in dozens or gross's then I realized it's individual units! :amazed:
What hope is there for the rest of us when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel like this!

There's a box of Spoilers on eBay right now. Go have a look and the price will make your eyes water.

If I could afford the $1-odd per blade, then I would have enough for life. They would only be a 2 blades per year deal - my birthday would be one of them.

Eeek! Over a buck per blade..........

....and still four days of bidding to go. Mind you, the new multi-blade cartridges cost $4 a pop so what's the big deal. I doubt they'll go for more than $2 each. You're still saving a load of cash.

I'm just glad I'm a heathen when it comes to DE blades. They all seem fine to me. Just chuck'm after two shaves and everything's sweet.

Mind you, the new multi-blade cartridges cost $4 a pop so what's the big deal.

I once got one of those multi-blade carts to last me around 3 or 4 months!

No posts in nearly 8 hours?

I think I really committed a faux pas with that last confession.

Voskhods are the most effective blade I have found.

Very close second are Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks.

I've only tried a few blades, Astra, personna red, and the gillette yellow and blue packs. So far the personnas stand out as my favourite. The gillette yellow as least favourite.

slight necro-post, but, as a <2month DE shaver I can say that the personna red is the best or most effective blade for me. I have only used Astra SP, gillette sharpedge (yellow), gillette platinum (blue pack) and the personna.
The personna red are better by a mile for me than the rest.

Red personna are often your best friend when starting out. Sharp enough and very smooth/forgiving. I'm not surprised you like them Blodge :)

depends on what you call effective. if it is sharpness, then i say, the feather is the one for me.

for blades that have a slightly longer blade life, then the gillette extra's are surprisingly good.

yep, red personna for me. Just tried an astra for a couple of days in the r41. It works,but i cant get close without feeling damaged. So back to personna today.