What would you buy in the U.S.

howea

I convinced the family that we need to go to Los Angeles for just over a week in January (actually it wasn't hard .. Disneyland for the boy and outlet shopping for the wife)

I am putting a list of what to get while over there that isn't cheaply/easily available on our side of the planet.
So far I'm looking at L'Occitane/Plisson Synthetic brush, Razorock cream, Personna blades and some aftershave (gonna sniff before I buy).

What would you pick up if you were going over there?

On the shaving side, anything with alcohol in it which you think you can get on the plane. The L'Occitane/Plisson brush would be worthwhile, as would any of the artisan soaps that costs a bomb to post over. Blades less so, unless you were getting a fairly good supply of Medical Preps. I am not a massive fan of them and can get what I want for reasonable prices.

Otherwise, clothing... shoes etc. It is markedly cheaper than here. Ditto for sunglasses, hats, watches and other personal effect jewellery.

Yep, I know about the clothing. Last time I picked up tons of stuff from stores like Ross & Marshalls.
In fact I am still wearing some of it. My wife wants to chuck all my old stuff out (especially the tshirts/undies with acceptable holes in them)

I will pick up a couple bottles of aftershave, but I want to smell the scents first. Know any ones I should try?

Clothing wise, if you know your size and have an Amex you can get free shipping with Amazon if you spend over USD$100 as long as you buy from Amazon themselves and click on the eligible foor global shipping button.

Actually that's anything, eligible for global shipping, and sold by Amazon under certain dimensions, not just clothing

Ok my friend (I expect a commission...[emoji6]), this is THE place you need to visit while you are on the West Coast.

Old Town Shaving
120 S Raymond ave
Pasadena CA
www.oldtownshaving.com

This place has an incredible range and is the ONLY supplier in North America of Martin de Candre. Many, many other worthwhile products to sniff, lick and smear while in store. It's Disneyland for dad!!!

I'm not an expert on AS but at this shop you should be able to try a few...

Yep as others have said - anything with alcohol that cannot be posted - focus there, for the rest it is just postage you are saving!

When my wife was in the US last January I ordered through WCS and got it shipped to my SiL where my wife was saying - cheaper than a B&M store and I got what I want.

Any Ogallala is worth getting OR you can sell it when back here .

USPS doesn't do alcohol based aftershaves. Also a lot of stuff I won't buy online (especially if I want to see/test/smell it)
I know mate, even issues with on-forwarding companies and alcohol from the US. What happened to the days where you could nominate seamail and wait the two months for supplies to arrive? Surely alcohol is tolerated on the high seas.

I know mate, even issues with on-forwarding companies and alcohol from the US. What happened to the days where you could nominate seamail and wait the two months for supplies to arrive? Surely alcohol is tolerated on the high seas.

USPS doesn't do sea mail anymore

I know mate, hence the reference to "what happened to the days", it's a damn shame if you ask me, as there's some things I am willing to wait for.
We're waiting alright... Waiting.... Developing patience... Or realising how impatient we are...