What would you buy in the U.S.

Don't know if this is stretching the friendship, but if you were to buy multiple L'Occitan Plisson brushes, I would happily buy one back off you... $30 US compared to $100 that they go for here...

Depending how much the wife empties my wallet and fills the suitcase, I intend to get some spares.

But I live across the ditch and that poses another logistical issue (was in Syd back in Oct but unsure when I'm back)

Sorry for my ignorance, what is so special about that brush and why cant you get it from Amazon or similar?
It's $100 here in Australia. $30 in US (but that's a new price since it used to be $50 back in August). You can only buy it direct from their store (or from someone who has already bought one).

It's meant to be one of (if not) the best synthetic brushes on the market. It's often a hit out between the Mühle STF and this Plisson (although there seems to be more and more synths these days).

It's $100 here in Australia. $30 in US (but that's a new price since it used to be $50 back in August). You can only buy it direct from their store (or from someone who has already bought one).

It's meant to be one of (if not) the best synthetic brushes on the market. It's often a hit out between the Mühle STF and this Plisson (although there seems to be more and more synths these days).
Cheers for the reply, I've close friends o/s, wondering if it was worth getting them to send a hand full over :p

I was (possibly incorrectly) always lead to believe silver tip badger > anything. So why is a $30 synth (getting into badger money?) so popular? Are there advantages to synthetics I've missed? Sorry for thread jack

Some main advantages I've found are
Dries nearly instantly (good for travel)
Uses less soap to lather as the bristles don't absorb any water at all
Has a different feel to it -springy?

Cons I've found.
Because it doesn't hold water it also doesn't hold heat. Hello cool lather.
Tricky to get the water ratio right. Seems to have a tendency towards spewing water everywhere or being a little dry

Cheers for the reply, I've close friends o/s, wondering if it was worth getting them to send a hand full over :p
I was (possibly incorrectly) always lead to believe silver tip badger > anything. So why is a $30 synth (getting into badger money?) so popular? Are there advantages to synthetics I've missed? Sorry for thread jack
I'm sure you'll be able to re-sell a few if you did. That said, some of us already have some and others will be getting some shortly. So I'll personally be able to let you know about the Plisson.
There's plenty to read about synths elsewhere, but they have kind of 'come of age' at the moment. They are extremely quick drying (so make great travel brushes), generate lather quickly with less shave cream/soap and are much cheaper than a badger. They are a little temperamental since they require most of the water shaken from them before loading (they need no soaking). The discussion is now often about softness (the feeling on the face), backbone and splay. The cheaper ones often have a stiff backbone and elastic splay, but that may not normally be the case. It seems that these days a lot of companies are now making synths.

Ditto what NoNick said ^^^.

For $35-40 aud, what have you to lose ?
Particularly when considering Plisson brushes are usually unreasonably expensive (think, makes Simpsons look corner chemist cheap)