What's for dinner?

I thought the whole point of proper wagyu was that you had to cook it to medium to let the heat get to all of the marbled fat.
In fact it is the one meat that should be suitable for those that like their steak grey, as it won't dry out due to the intramuscular fat.

I guess my info might come from Japanese wagyu, which is considered to be of a different quality to the stuff we can purchase over here.
It's the same with Australian bred wagyu. I would recommend going to atleast medium but it can be eaten rare. Depends if you enjoy a mouth full of slickness. The super marbled japanese wagyu is usually eaten raw, as the fat literally melts in your mouth. High marble score wagyu is definitely an experience. Some people hate it and others cant get enough.

Slow roasted, free-range Rathdowney chicken with lemon and celery leaf farce, pomme dauphinoise, vichy carrot, roast chicken jus.

At my favourite French restaurant in Paddington, Brisbane. (y)

Slow roasted, free-range Rathdowney chicken with lemon and celery leaf farce, pomme dauphinoise, vichy carrot, roast chicken jus.

At my favourite French restaurant in Paddington, Brisbane. (y)

Would that still be Montrachet?

Ok, I'm only going to do this once. I always laugh at my Mrs as she likes to take pictures of food to post on Facebook.
Great dinner, parmesan in the potato stacks, mustard and orange dressing on the salad and a fabulous sauce.
Just stole this picture from FB

18446876_10206887584466675_7297389742157721425_n.jpg

Yes sir! Have you been there?
Yep, one of my last dinners in Brisi, when we lived there - must have been ~May.2007. We were friends with another French chef who took us out there and we got the royal (food) treatment ;)

Discovered my love for Duck with lentils there - every time I cook/eat it, I think back of Montrachet...

IThe super marbled japanese wagyu is usually eaten raw, as the fat literally melts in your mouth. High marble score wagyu is definitely an experience. Some people hate it and others cant get enough.

Shabu-shabu style is also eaten pretty thin. They wouldn't be eating a porterhouse raw.
It's only really in western cultures that you get such big slabs of meat

Monthly meal plan...spreadsheeted of course :p

No, just on a table in Word. It sits on the fridge.

The laminated daily chore allocation are on a laminated page on the pantry cupboard next door and the monthly chart with the weekly chores ...

Yep, one of my last dinners in Brisi, when we lived there - must have been ~May.2007. We were friends with another French chef who took us out there and we got the royal (food) treatment ;)

Discovered my love for Duck with lentils there - every time I cook/eat it, I think back of Montrachet...

I sampled their duck confit on a another outing, and couldn't agree more. It's excellent.

Let me know the next time you head back to Brisbane and I'll join you for a meal there!