What's for dinner?

Indian style beef rendang (each of the different cultures has their own variant of rendang in Malaysia, so you get a Chinese one, a Malay variant, Nyonya, and Indian) with stir fried caulirice.

Yes, Rendang is great! Having served and lived in Malaysia for a couple of years, I developed quite a taste for it, as well as Water Buffalo Mussoman! And Satay.............. I LOVE Satay! Tonight however, the Child Bride is serving her amazing Beer-battered Whiting and equally amazing home-made chips... which incidentally walk all over the chips at the local fish shop owned by Fook Yuan Yaw Tum!

Last edited:

Aw Mate.... yesterday I bought some octopus balls from the Tamworth Sushi Bar. I didn't know they really were OCTOPUS BALLS!!! Well they tasted like it, anyway! I will never forget the slimy bloody taste of of the terrible creamy crap the tough bits of octopus were in! I love squid rings etc. but this stuff was woeful! Nothing like you would get at Harry Ramsdens!

Great

idea @Mark1966 - the hardest part about meals I find is not the preparation but actually thinking / deciding / negotiating with "clients" about what to actually cook !!!:p

Yes! The client doesn't always know best!

We have less of those around so a little easier now

The day I cooked the rendang, I had to cook three separate dinners. Both I and the wife wanted spicy food - Mr 2.5 yr old not so much. I fancied beef as I have half a killer in the freezer, but Wiferbert only likes red meat under certain conditions. So leftover rice from the previous day turned into fried rice (with lots of hidden veggies) for Toddlebert. Slow cooked pork in black vinegar and chilli stew for Wifebert (to die for but pork does weird things to me these days). And finally rendang for me, and I cooked the indian variant as it is wetter than the normal nyonya version, and therefore quicker to cook.

Aw Mate.... yesterday I bought some octopus balls from the Tamworth Sushi Bar. I didn't know they really were OCTOPUS BALLS!!! Well they tasted like it, anyway! I will never forget the slimy bloody taste of of the terrible creamy crap the tough bits of octopus were in! I love squid rings etc. but this stuff was woeful! Nothing like you would get at Harry Ramsdens!

Just straight forward Greek style for me (read loads of olive oil, lemon and oregano) served on a bed of bowl this time though instead of plate.
Washed it down with a large Chivas Royal Salute because I'm a fucking heathen.

You actually have left-overs? You mean you don't eat everything at once? Really? Disciplined bastard! :mad::shifty:(n)
@littleaussiebleeder I was having left-overs Ossobuco for dinner it was very very yummy in my tummy ;) along with 2 glasses of Red Wine :happy:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Leftover pork from lunch, done on the Weber, look at that crackling!!

pork_zpsfsr7raew.jpeg
Stellar - I just had a 3 week pork diet and this one could have easily made it into the finals (y)(y)(y)

Stellar - I just had a 3 week pork diet and this one could have easily made it into the finals (y)(y)(y)
Love the stuff but am growing more and more intolerant of it - my stomach quivers even thinking about a 3 week diet of non stop pork.

Spectacular mixed Indian curries with raita, chutney, coconut banana, currants & poppadoms.
Currants in a curry? What kind of abomination is that - sounds as bad as pineapple on a pizza.
I could (maybe) only excuse it in a biryani / pilaff type dish.