Whats your general look?

Discussion started by Ferret619, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

How many of you guys would consider yourself to be T shirt and jeans kinda guys.
    I’m not a fashionable guy by any stretch, generally it’s sedated, brandless t shirts and vertx pants, very functional and easy to move around in.
    I kinda subscribe to the Greyman idea of dressing and generally don’t like looking like a billboard for brand anyway.

2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

After a certain age your 'six-pack' tends to stay in 'the esky' - so t-shirts may not be the most flattering - you are a long way off that but are warned!

General look?

Work - suit, M J Bale my current go to. I have six and rotate around
    Out and about - smart casual, 'chinos' (R B Sellers) or 'moleskins' / dress jeans with R M W boots adn usually a long sleeve shirt. Often with a jacket (wearing a light linen jacket today in Sydney.
    At home (or to hardware store) - daggy work/ casual clothes, short. worn jeans, t-shirts, whatever is at hand - must be capable of getting dirty

Ferret619 likes this.
  3. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Member

Work - horrible word. Retired is better.
    Out and about - Disability Pension so not inclined to meander far from home
    Home - "Cotton Traders" (UK company, ship to Oz) t-shirt, shorts, thongs.

I wear comfort!

pvsampson, UKSteve and Mark1966 like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

5. Nightguard

Nightguard Member

Work, slacks and shirt. Home, jeans and t-shirt. Simple and easy.

Bucephalus and Mark1966 like this.
  6. sealer

sealer Member

I don't have much preferences... T-shirts, and pants that I may have. Currently I would say > 80% of the clothes I use I got from discards or from people actually leaving Tassie (it is great that two of my best mates here were really fancy, so I now have fancy clothing around). I reckon I have bougth a couple of T-shirts in the last 3 years and a pair of shoes, excluding underwear, of course. Still, I am normally well dressed
    I have not wear a suit since the last wedding i attend (1997), but I like them. I would buy a couple once I get more permanently settled. For now, I will need a bigger suitcase if I leave Oz, for not having to leave any of shaving provisions, so I cannot buy stuff as If Lived permanently here xD

7. wayne646

wayne646 Member

Work - Shorts, Polo shirt and sandals
    Out and about - Shorts, Polo shirt and thongs
    Home - Shorts, Polo shirt and thongs
    When using my chainsaw- Jeans.Polo shirt and boots.
    I hate dressing up I'll only do it for weddings and funerals.

8. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Whatever the occasion, where ever I go, I've always a suit.
    In the interest of modesty,please don't ask to see it...

Snooze and Scotty like this.