Which is best? SE or DE? The Great 2012 Shave-Off

we all await now to see how you divide your face into thirds when you add a straight to the mix.

Based on the internationally recognised and widely accepted* Thomas Method, the addition of a straight can be implemented with the addition of another pass:
North => South: DE
Horizontal ( E=>W, or W=>E depending on your persuasion): straight
South => North SE

Simple! Who would have though the Thomas Method was so flexible. I envisage a patent application soon...

* widely accepted by about 6 people

6 People ! I've created a cult :)

Thats the fun of this - there is always something new to try!

I can see the t-shirt now

Just have to get that wikipedia article done and we are away!

Most of you had the tools in hand no delusions of grandeur to put them together in this way (just a stroke of modest genius). :)

So true it seems. Another fan over at TSD here

'Interesting to me using 2 razors for the same shave, I would have never thought of taking the time to do that!'

This clearly WAS the work of genius!

So true it seems. Another fan over at TSD here

'Interesting to me using 2 razors for the same shave, I would have never thought of taking the time to do that!'

!

Your response over there is quite true - If your doing 2 or more passes then using a different razor after the first doesn't add anything to the shaving time. Must admit I only did it the first time because I didn't want to use the pressure that I can with the DE with the SE. Also I find the DE razor easier to manouver around the trickier bits - under the nose and bottom lip.

Most of you had the tools in hand no delusions of grandeur to put them together in this way (just a stroke of modest genius). :)

Been using DE/SE combination for ages. DE for trimming and SE for the main job. Have you tried it the other way round? DE first?

Nothig wrong with using multiple razors. Mark could use adifferent one for each stroke and he'd still de loading new razors for a month.

Been using DE/SE combination for ages. DE for trimming and SE for the main job. Have you tried it the other way round? DE first?

Nothig wrong with using multiple razors. Mark could use adifferent one for each stroke and he'd still de loading new razors for a month.

Yawn, could have seen this coming. You come up with a brilliant idea Glen then they all come out of the woodwork claiming to have been doing it for ages. :rolleyes:

ya'll crazy

Yes, but just for spending time on shaving forums or because of something else? :cheesy:

y'all be right. But isn't it good that parts of P&C are now spread across the world.

I do wonder what would happen if we all started posting furiously on YKW about the 'Thomas Method' and whether it would take on a life of its own :laugh:

I do wonder what would happen if we all started posting furiously on YKW about the 'Thomas Method' and whether it would take on a life of its own :laugh:

You would need to do it properly - a 20 minute video and completely baffle em with bullshit - not just two razors but two brushes one loaded with a soap for the SE and one with cream for the DE. The sad thing is someone would take it seriously (nobody here cause we know better).

You would need to do it properly - a 20 minute video and completely baffle em with bullshit - not just two razors but two brushes one loaded with a soap for the SE and one with cream for the DE. The sad thing is someone would take it seriously (nobody here cause we know better).

Yes I'm sure they would. They've been looking for a new Messiah after the ridicule and subsequent demise of method shaving. Just think, Glen Thomas with a following of sycophants.

Yes I'm sure they would. They've been looking for a new Messiah after the ridicule and subsequent demise of method shaving. Just think, Glen Thomas with a following of sycophants.

Makes quite a catchy name for a band - "Glen Thomas and the Sycophants".

WHAT - is method shaving no more :amazed:

Notice that we have successfully derailed another thread guys. Has any thread in P&C ever staying on topic? Are we all creative lateral thinkers?

Notice that we have successfully derailed another thread guys. Has any thread in P&C ever staying on topic? Are we all creative lateral thinkers?

I think it is just because our noble moderator is such a kind and understanding human being (said in the hope of getting a more befitting avatar, and no smileys).

No it's not dead. But it's just like saying you can lather Cellar and have never heard of Marco. Ridicule all the way. By the way now he's been made a Steward over at YKW the sycophancy literally almost drips from the screen.

No thread detailmet we're still talking methods. Just trying to ensure Glens head still fits through the average door.

Last edited:
No thread detailmet we're still talking methods. Just trying to ensure Glens head still fits through the average door.

So the next time I find something that works for me and wish to share I should bury the urge? As is the long established custom on this forum we should really blame Mark. And fear not she whom I share body fluids with ensures that the head never goods too big for the hat. :)

No it's not dead. But it's just like saying you can lather Cellar and have never heard of Marco. Ridicule all the way. By the way now he's been made a Steward over at YKW the sycophancy literally almost drips from the screen.

Spurts would be a more fitting adjective...