Who is up to try a $2.80 Daiso DE razor? As my first 2015 PIF (pass it forward)

I'm way up in Darwin - which is why I love me some menthol.
I exclusively use aftershave as every balm I have tried feels greasy on my skin.
I've got 4 A/S , and in order of menthol they go:
Speick A/S (very little if any menthol but still quite pleasant)
Floid Vigoroso - great smell and fair whack of menthol
Aqua Velva - slightly minty - similar in menthol to Floid
Alcolado Glacial - I think the ingredients list reads: Alcohol, menthol, a lime was waved in its general direction

I thinks me will need to grab an aftershave I can see the benefit of closing up the skin.

I thinks me will need to grab an aftershave I can see the benefit of closing up the skin.
An aftershave is designed to tighten the skin (astringent) and moisturise it after shaving. It may or may not contain a fragrance that lasts a few hours. A splash (or lotion) is good for summer and in winter, especially if your skin dries out, a balm (or milk) is good.

Splashes that a popular:
- Old Spice
- Brut
- Speick
- Floïd
- Pinaud range, including Clubman, Special reserve and VI Bay Rum (American AS)
- Myrsol (in a range of types: Agua Balsamica, Emulsion, Antesol, etc)
- Lucky Tiger

There are also categories like Bay Rums which have different interpretations based on the maker (such as Captains Choice, Olgalla, Johnny GoodSir TMBR, etc).

Most splashes contain alcohol which is an astringent. But some don't have any alcohol and instead have aloe Vera or witch hazel that are natural astringents.

There are also a lot more artisan made splashes coming out. Unfortunately most are made in North America and cannot be shipped internationally (legally). Since they are individuals or smaller companies who make these, it's often difficult for Aussie shaving stores to stock them.

Balms are great if you get dry skin or have a rough shave and your skin needs more nourishment.

A very popular balm is Nivea for Men Sensitive aftershave balm. But in Australia, we also have a locally made balm called Natio for Men Calming aftershave balm. It's cheaper, smells better and it's locally made.

Other balms that are around:
- TOBS Jerymn Street balm
- Razorock aftershave wax (not a wax, but a thick balm!)
- Shaver Heaven Summer Fling balm (made by @Anthony)

(And more- that's just from the top of my head.)

Anyway, enough yabbering...

Edit: I forgot that a popular post-shave routine is to apply either an alum block or witch hazel the the skin. These are natural astringents and toners that clean, tighten (closes micro-cuts) and provide limited anti-bacterial benefits. They are worth adding to your post-shave routine!