Who is up to try a $2.80 Daiso DE razor? As my first 2015 PIF (pass it forward)

smitsch

Thats right a Daiso $2.80 plastic DE razor (Daiso - the Japanese store where everything is $2.80). Came with a couple of Korean blades too. I was sceptical at first, but gave it a go.
I used this DE razor with a Merkur blade this morning and found it quite good. I ran with my Shavemac brush and Mitchells wool fat soap (second time i tried the Mitchells and this time had amazing success - thats Mensbiz for the tips). I had a 3 pass and one tiny nic (probably from being a newbie).
I found as it was so light i needed to apply a little more pressure than my 34c. Most of it was a BBS but missed one or two small bits.
Would i shave with it again, yup!
I've not done a PIF before and not sure how it works (any advice would be appreciated). Im happy to send it through to someone if they will critique it. Ill try to post a pic up too.
Let me know if what your thoughts are and if you want to give it a road test!
Simon

Daiso has some good stuff, but a SPUD is not one of them. I am sure that @Pjotr will be champing at the bit to have a go with it.

I like my 'Man Towel' for washing my face - picked up a new one a couple of weeks ago. They have some seriously decent looking kitchen knives for about the same price as the Kiwi knives from Thailand. Much thicker blade!

Pic is required - host it somewhere (imgur) and link it back to your post.

Is this the plastic one they sell? I bought one a long time ago, used it once and couldn't throw it away quick enough! ha

Mine was DORCO and came with same branded blades - they also sell the blades for... err, I guess $2.80 ;)

wiki_asset.php

This is the one available at my local.

A PIF is something you're not seeking a return of the item.
Usually it only moves forward to the person that claims it.
A sampler/trial may be what you're thinking of though, where you loan something out, expecting it to return, or for it to pass through multiple hands.
If the second is what you're considering, or a derivative thereof which you want folks to try it out, yet do no expect a return, send it to @Mark1966 for the next P&C TB.

@dewy those Dorco blades were probably the issue, did you try them in anything else or try other blades in the SPUD ?

BTW Simon, I'm glad you have ran with my suggestion of throwing up a post :)

Hey borked, thanks for the inside on how it works. At $2,80 Im ok it it doesn't come back to me. It would be great if a few people (pass through a few hands) took it for a test drive to see how the SPUD performs (Im hoping it wasn't my newbie'ness that made me think it was a good shave).
We'll call it a sampler/trial for many hands!
Hey @Mark1966, let me know your details and i'll send it through to you. I've boxed in a Shavemac box so ill let you down easy now before you open it and tell you its not a Shavemac!

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking it may be novel just to try something different (the Japanese do know how to make some good stuff)

May be a stupid question but would you trial/sample a shave soap. I've ordered a puk of Yeti Snot and the Columbian Neck Soap from the Yeti Shavers. I'm thinking it should be awesome and would be willing to share it of other to experience the soaps. Is that something that you would do here? Again, I'm not sure how this would work (some guidance may be required here for sharing a soap for trial/sample)

No rush to share everything @smitsch. Have a go yourself and see what you think first.
If you hang around for a while you might find someone who well trade you a bit of this for a bit of that.
Must admit I've never heard of yeti (or half the other brands that get bandied around here recently) so a review would be good to see what to expect if I was interested.
There are a few here who are on self imposed buying sabbaticals for 2015 (one of whom lasted less than 15 hours into the new year I might add) who might want to trade you sunbathing from their collection.

Just got a message from the Shaving yeti and they have slipped in a last minute order of Elixir, free of charge. How awesome!
I'll be sure to review this one. I like the menthol feeling. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Have a squiz at some of the YT reviews, some experience eye watering!

They sent mine on Monday so ill give it a week or two to get here. It does seem awesome if you like menthol

I like the menthol feeling.
Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Have a squiz at some of the YT reviews, some experience eye watering!
Where do you reside ?
I'm a self admitted menth addict, if it doesn't make your eyes water, it's not strong enough!
Probably why I went out and bought menthol crystals :)

I can see I will have to try some of this as well as B&M arctique and the Stirling glacial spearmint.

Sydney
What aftershave/balm are you currently using ?