www.bayrum.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckypirate

Trusted Vendor
Hi everbody,
filoboblic has invited us along to this forum to introduce ourselves etc. We have been planning a business to import Bay Rum and a selection of high quality shaving products into Australia for some time now. Our website (you should check it out) is coming along and we've just received three more shipments of products from the USA. www.bayrum.com.au

We've had a few scraps with the postal service mind you, but we've decided enough is enough. It's time that Australia got a dose of Pimenta Racemosa up their noses and some good quality shaving advice, shaving products etc.

bay rum australia is an awsome idea.

Shortly our store will have it's product loading (we are aiming for the end of August). Unfortunately we may have missed fathers day largely, however we're just going to roll with that punch for the time being.

Once the ball is rolling, we intend to start making videos to provide shaving advise etc to Australia and New Zealand.

Hey, did you know that Dominica Bay Rum has stopped producing? Yeah we know. Heart attack. It's stopped indefinitely. Luckily we've managed to secure the last two bottles for the time being which we have in our hot little hands so if you like this stuff, you should keep an eye on our site. I'm thinking about giving one to my dad for fathers day though..... haha. No that's not very fair.

By the way, we appreciate the patience and support we have seen even before stocking the store. Because of this we will be offering a 5% discount on the first order to anyone who subscribes to the store before we launch it (remember... the end of August.) This is not the only benefit to subscribing. We will be continually pushing to import and trial new products and we can let you know what we think of them and when they are available. Make sure you visit www.bayrum.com.au and go to the following page:
http://www.bayrum.com.au/store/c1/Featured_Products.html where you can subscribe.

Also....

We think it's pretty crappy that this stuff is only produced in the USA and Carribean. If the Aussies can build the harbour bridge and the opera house then surely they can produce Bay Rum. (Notice the capitals on Bay Rum and not the harbour bridge? Yes we get our priorities right here.) In fact, we're making it ourselves. Once it's refined we'll let you know.... maybe even send out some free samples. But whilst we're on this note.... if anyone is commercially producing the stuff in Australia (or would like to) please let us know. We will run the product through our stringent quality testing process and if approved be happy to sell the product.

In stock at the moment is Laurite No9 Bay Rum, Dominican Ray Rum, Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum (this stuff is a personal favourite) Lucky Tiger, Honey Bee Gardens Bay Rum (Not real Bay Rum in the true sense but every part real Bay Rum in the smell with a very fresh punch on application and a mellow come down about an hour later.) We have a huge shipment of Ogalla's on the way (we love Ogalla's. It's completely witch hazel and water based meaning no alcohol - great scent and great for your skin.) We are currently negotiating with St Johns as well.

Anyhow, we really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this awsome forum. Close Shaves everyone!

Did someone say Ogalla's?

20734680241_18e831e580_o.jpg

Yippee! I need to send more suggestions your way I think. Awesome @luckypirate

Great to see you here and sharing your news with us. [emoji106]

@Dale.Whiley is dabbling in creating his own Bay Rum (speaking of as such, how's it going mate ?)

Ogallala is not alcohol based ?
WTF will they not ship it to us then ? Ordinary, very ordinary indeed!

May I humbly suggest a sample pack of the range ?

BTW, that last bottle of Dominica Bay Rum, drop me a PM and let's discuss an opening special deal upon it ;) (pending price, you can consider it sold).

Last edited:
@Dale.Whiley is dabbling in creating his own Bay Rum (speaking of as such, how's it going mate ?)

Ogallala is not alcohol based ?
WTF will they not ship it to us then ? Ordinary, very ordinary indeed!

May I humbly suggest a sample pack of the range ?

BTW, that last bottle, drop me a PM and let's discuss an opening special deal upon it ;) (pending price, you can consider it sold).

Oh how I love seeing this man at work. Poetry in motion...

Haven't made a batch for the last month (last one is fairly decent though) but stocked up on ingredients shopping last week including a new addition; a vanilla bean to add to the next batch. Hopefully a good report in another 4 weeks.

Haven't made a batch for the last month (last one is fairly decent though) but stocked up on ingredients shopping last week including a new addition; a vanilla bean to add to the next batch. Hopefully a good report in another 4 weeks.
Glad to hear there's progress, continue and you've an opening towards a prospective commercial product, just as SWMBO insists ;)
Of course, this does result in you purchasing multiple bay rum products, not for personal use, yet research purposes naturally ;)

Hey guys,
That's right. Here at www.bayrum.com.au we have made a very big push on Ogalla's as we believe not only is is one of the best scents available, but it's also one of the best available for your skin. Being witch hazel and water based its a very mild toner without the alcohol. We actually like alcohol in our Bay Rums as it also disinfects after you shave, but people with sensitive skin or acne won't like it so much.

Our inbound shipment has every scent Ogalla's produce. We're also bringing in Ogalla's Bay Rum bonanza - a 5 sample pack so you can trial all of their range and make your choice.

In fact, down the track we intend to start making our own cross brand sample packs for the same purpose. Need supply lines to stablise first though.
Dale sounds like you and filobiblic will be playing fisticuffs! We will let you know what decision we come to with how to handle the Dominican Bay. Not long now....

Hey did we mention we are also selling Clubman? Clubman Clubman anything Clubman we can get it. Most of their stuff is awesome... which we will stock. Yes... this means the pinaud Bay Rum... actually a personal favourite but we're going to take the cream of the crop out of their shaving products and sell that too. Up until we came along you could only really get clubman through your barber and most of them aren't that willing to sell.

Like i said, at Bay Rum Australia we love a scrap.

Close Shaves

I know Clubman Special Reserve is a favourite of @Mark1966 but it's hard to get here in Oz...

I have been after Clubman Vanilla or Musk for a very long time, hope you are getting them.

Might have to organise a Lilac Vegetal pass around too :)

Hey guys,
That's right. Here at www.bayrum.com.au we have made a very big push on Ogalla's as we believe not only is is one of the best scents available, but it's also one of the best available for your skin. Being witch hazel and water based its a very mild toner without the alcohol.

Our inbound shipment has every scent Ogalla's produce.
Dale sounds like you and filobiblic will be playing fisticuffs! We will let you know what decision we come to with how to handle the Dominican Bay. Not long now....

Like i said, at Bay Rum Australia we love a scrap.

Close Shaves
To save you the hassle, split the limes and peppercorns and send direct to @Dale.Whiley and myself.
As for the Dominica, you did inyend to say @borked @borked and @borked right ? ;)

Hi Guys,
www.bayrum.com.au here again. Yes we are expecting our first shipment of Clubman Vegetal, Clubman Vanilla and Clubman Musk next week. Keep your eyes on the site.
Re: The Dominican, we've been trying to think of a fair way of selling the only two bottles we know of in Australia. First we thought of splitting out the Bay Rum into smaller bottles so more people got to have a go. Then is was suggested that we auction it. We kind of like both ideas. What are your thoughts?

If we were to auction I could throw up a starting price per bottle on this forum and you blokes could go for your life..... Might be kind of like throwing a hand grenade though. Don't want to get you boys in a scrap..... then again.... we love a scrap :)

All this said, we are trying to get our hands on some more, but looks like we'd have to pay retail prices for it and buy out some barber shop. This might make it to hexy our end. What do you blokes think? It is a premium Bay Rum though and 100% awesome, so I figure people may want to get their hands on it. We've been advised that the production problem is "indefinate". Quote from our supplier:

"Unfortunately the manufacturer has experienced severe production problems, and as a result we can not at this time wholesale the Dominica Bay Rum Aftershave as the product is out of production."

Close Shaves
Bay Rum Australia
www.bayrum.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.