www.bayrum.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Re: The Dominican, we've been trying to think of a fair way of selling the only two bottles we know of in Australia. First we thought of splitting out the Bay Rum into smaller bottles so more people got to have a go. Then is was suggested that we auction it. We kind of like both ideas. What are your thoughts?

If we were to auction I could throw up a starting price per bottle on this forum and you blokes could go for your life..... Might be kind of like throwing a hand grenade though. Don't want to get you boys in a scrap..... then again.... we love a scrap :)

Close Shaves
Bay Rum Australia
www.bayrum.com.au

A good scrap eh ?
*fires the first salvo* My birthday was last weekend, predominately spent looking after two ill parents, with one just out of hospital and the other realistically should be in it. :)
This could be fun indeed, best apply some Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns and smell like an old salt/pirate...

I've 2x 1/2 used bottles of it and WILL be purchasing more :)
I, along with @Dale.Whiley squarely lay the blame for our addiction at the feet of one @Mark1966 and his enabling ways.

Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns and smell like an old salt/pirate...

I've 2x 1/2 used bottles of it and WILL be purchasing more :)
I, along with @Dale.Whiley squarely lay the blame for our addiction at the feet of one @Mark1966 and his enabling ways.
Several months since I used my last and looking forward to filling a tub with it and having a swim.

Several months since I used my last and looking forward to filling a tub with it and having a swim.
I was in that state not too long ago mate.
Hang on and be strong my friend, relief is in sight :)

Bay Rum Australia

Clubman_Aftershaves_%26_Shaving_Products.html

www.bayrum.com.au

Lads,

Well it’s been a road to hoe but we’ve hoed enough now to be able to launch our Clubman Product Range. This is a subscription invitee and Paste and Cut forum member invitation to have a look at our product range and make PRE-ORDERS at substantially discounted prices!

Q: What’s a pre-order?

A: We are expecting our next shipment of awesome Clubman products within a week. This is your chance to place an order using our website, keeping in mind that it will likely be 10 business days before you receive the item. This means that there is even a possibility you will receive the items before Fathers Day…. But please don’t rely on this. If our shipment gets delayed your Dad will be left out so make your Dad’s Clubman order a secondsy.

Q: How does this work?

A: When you browse our site browse to the Clubman Aftershave Section. You will notice most of the products are already on sale. To take advantage of our PRE-ORDER Offer, type in the coupon code CLUBMAN at the checkout. This will provide you a further 10% off our already discounted prices! Get in quick though. As soon as we receive the products in our warehouse the this offer will close.

Q: Where is the Bay Rum?

A: Yes, we know… we’re called Bay Rum Australia and we don’t yet have Bay Rum for sale. Don’t worry though. We’ve got most of our products in stock, but don’t want to launch the Bay Rum sales until our Ogalla Shipment Arrives. That’s because Ogalla’s is pretty damn good, and we don’t want you to feel like you’ve missed out. We’re pushing very hard for the products to arrive by the end of the month though, so fasten your seatbelts and hold on tight!

Got any questions you know where to find us. Get in quick... the clubman range is flying. We're taking orders before we even get it advertised.

By the way, still trying to work out what happens with the Dominica Bay Rum. We'll come up with something awesome and let you know.

Thanks for your continued support during this period.

www.bayrum.com.au

Sweet! Thanks @luckypirate for the discount off the Clubman. [emoji106]
I'm holding off for the other Bay Rums (I already have the VIBR [emoji41]). All good!

Hi everbody, We have a huge shipment of Ogalla's on the way (we love Ogalla's. It's completely witch hazel and water based meaning no alcohol - great scent and great for your skin.) We are currently negotiating with St Johns as well.

That's not quite correct. All Ogallala aftershaves contain alcohol.

Last edited:
Hey @luckypirate

Other than a quality Bay Rum, what are some of your favourite shaving products? What's your razor and brush of choice? Any soaps that are your current favourite?

Hey @luckypirate

Other than a quality Bay Rum, what are some of your favourite shaving products? What's your razor and brush of choice? Any soaps that are your current favourite?

Really like the look of this brush from @luckypirate 's site. Can you tell us a little more about it mate?

1438846261.jpg

Hi Guys,
Sorry about the hiatus. Been flat out.
Regarding the brush and blade, we brought in from one of DJ's principal suppliers from Taiwan a sample brush and blade (re the photograph). We were impressed with the quality of the sample which claimed to be 100% badger hair and good quality steel. We were also impressed with the price. The sample was excellent so we ordered 50 of each. When the 50 turned up they were entirely different! The sample was very high quality, the product delivered was a synthetic brush, blades were stainless steel (not the same as the sample). Just crap. We contacted the supplier to send them back but they wouldn't return our communications etc. As a result we've switched to an altogether much better brush.... Prorasso 100% badger hair, excellent (and we mean very excellent) quality which we will retail for under $30. (I've tried to include a pic in this post but can't work out how.) Given we lost out on the deal though we thought we'd get some mileage out of the images... soon to be replaced.

The blades we are still working on. We like blades. We like them a lot, so we don't want garbage. We're chasing a high quality high carbon steel blade to retail and we've tried a lot of samples but nothing really cuts the mustard. Prorasso have some excellent closed face razors (a personal favourite) which we will stock, but the cut throats are an ongoing challenge. Ultimately, we'd like to commission a Bay Rum Special damascus steel blade, made from white paper steel. Imagaine shaving with that! This is for down the track though. Our primary focus for the short term needs to be the Bay Rum.

Soaps Soaps Soaps.

We are currently bringing in Barberry coast's entire range which includes perhaps the most awesome bay rum, (including a rare bay rum balm) and their ascent and lavender shaving soaps.
Expecting delivery of these at the end of next week. This stuff is premium premium and you're gonna love it. We're also expecting Ogalalla's in next week whose range has shaving soap as well. Mr Bork you're in luck.

Otherwise we're a big user of Prorasso. Italian, genuine, no nasties like parrafins, preservatives or bad stuff, no english on the case... how could you go wrong? This stuff should be on our site by the end of next week.

We've tried a lot of the more generic stuff. Yuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.