2015 Sabattical thread

I'm going to join the sabbatical but with a little difference. I'm not going to spend any new money on shaving related gear.

This means to get anything new I have to sell off something that money can keep going around.

Is this allowed? ....

Now THIS is a sabbatical I can join :)

After Marks Razor sale he is buying Menbiz and Shaverhut.

Glad you can join us Mark!!

First on my list is a simmo wee scot, which may cost me my Berkeley under new austerity measures

I'm in. I have so many nice creams /soaps that they'll never get used if I keep buying. I still have 2 unused English fern tallows and original Colonia ADP in storage.

I'm in. I have so many nice creams /soaps that they'll never get used if I keep buying. I still have 2 unused English fern tallows and original Colonia ADP in storage.
Awesome! Your cousin said he couldn't last his self-imposed shave purchase freeze in 2014 so let's see if you can beat his record. [emoji13]

It's also great to have another who will be so desperate to trade in 2015.

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said: "I can resist everything, except temptation."
Ah yes, it's little known but I believe that was his actually improved version of the quote, as the original variant he uttered was,"I can resist everything, except a nice stiff one!"

So poor old naive me is assuming he was a whiskey drinker??? :D

Hey is anyone having trouble uploading pics. Says I don't have the rights to?
I can upload pics via the Tapatalk app (I haven't tried since it just updated today though). But otherwise I need to use imgur or Flickr.

I would be tempted as I managed around 365 days without thinking about it , however all I have in the soap / cream stash at the moment is 1/2 tube of godrej, 90% of a proraso tube, and some TOBS Jermyn St (which the wife keeps stealing). Almost enough to get me through a year, but not for certain.

If I had 100 soaps / creams like the rest of you it would be a no brainer.

Last item arrived. B&B essential boar. Love to post a pic but can't as don't have permission.

Peach is already applying the screws having scored some killer soap samples!

....[emoji23] I'm staying strong though.

Last item arrived. B&B essential boar. Love to post a pic but can't as don't have permission.

Peach is already applying the screws having scored some killer soap samples!

....[emoji23] I'm staying strong though.
Is that the same as the one @Mark1966 is selling in his pack?

You can stay strong!!! (Even if it hasn't started yet... There's still 6 more hours before is begins!)

Use imgur. For some reason the permissions are screwy at the moment.

a77c0872c427a07e18d0d5f4d942ddf6.jpg

Nice. Is that the same knot as the big Omega 48? It's so weird seeing a badger on a boar brush...

What I have read it a unique knot just for this brush. I haven't tried a 48 though. But it's very soft tips and good backbone. Yes with the badger it is a little confused [emoji5]️

In practice it's similar to a plisson knot. Strong hair + medium dense = maximum flow through