2015 Sabattical thread

No ribbing from me! I'm gone too.
I'm out as well.

I also went down in a blaze of glory: just bought Eggy's Eclipse and a couple of razors from @kjparker.

So @Nonick... No need after all for odds beyond March. We didn't even make it to April!!! [emoji15]

Let the ribbing begin.

I, Mr. Stills Hunter, hereby bow out of the Sabbatical for 2015.

It wasn't so much temptation that drove me to transgression but sheer frustration. What drove me into the buying embargo in the first place was an overwhelming frustration with 'all that stuff'. I mean here I was trying to simplify and I open the cabinet door to more and more shite. "So a sabbatical, that'll fix it", my naive 2014 brain thought. That'll focus me on not accumulating more. Wrong, wrong and wrong. Three months down that road and I have more stuff than I had before I began. For those that think a sabbatical will help you accumulate less, think again - it only make you more wily!

But I am going out in style. Unless something goes awry my first transgression, my first guilty act will be....
...a Feather AS-D2 (thanks @Young Buck...I blame your ongoing reviews for the most part mate ).
Ordered and I'm just hoping there is still stock.

I remain committed to simplifying shaving-wise and so once the AS-D2 arrives you'll see a lot of my stuff going up on the BST...some nice razors (even maybe the Weber), some fine brushes (even maybe the Thater...though it might already be spoken for by another member)...and many a soap (even maybe some Jabonman).

Thank goodness I'm off to dinner tonight so rather than absorb each lead pellet, I'll return late in the evening or early in the morning to the entire P&C firing squad...please just don't shoot the face!

I'll be back into having my regular rotation of 9 assorted soaps and creams soon as I'm down to the last few GFT shaves. You may want to block my shave of the days as it's going to get hairy!

First, I bid farewell to two unwanted gentleman.

Now, the serious business,
Good to have the pair of you back @filobiblic and @stillshunter and I've got to say, you blokes chose great examples to bid farewell to this curse, that you admirably fought it's temptation for months.
Every time you two use them, it will be a celebration of overcoming this curse.
Happy shaving fellas and welcome back into the fold :)

Last edited:
Two and a half months out of 12 - what wimps.

Calling all moderators, I think the above should go under their Avatars for the rest of the year.

Two and a half months out of 12 - what wimps.

Calling all moderators, I think the above should go under their Avatars for the rest of the year.

You give me the form of words GT - I'll moderate them to not offend all minorities and religions - and then I'll wear them on my signature block!
...interim sig block initiated

Wow. How did I miss this? I'm slow to catch up.

Both of you?!? Well, it's nice to have you both down here off your high horses. Welcome!

Me? High horse?

wnd_15c3b0c32d887e6577b7f6d1c09268dc.jpg

@stillshunter & @filobiblic , well I have to admit to having a bit of schadenfreude through your demise however only as I don't feel so bad about my complete inability to propose such a crazy thing. But hey, think of a whole year's sabbatical as your own personal Everest and well you've just made/found your basecamp! :D

I have to concede that when you both very optimistically stated you'd go on a 2015 sabattical I did suspect it'd turn out a tad like the following:

Ah never get sick of watching that! I used to love how that ABC show (The Late Show or DEgeneration?) used to have the award called THE MAL - and I think you, gentlemen have both earned one. (y)

Last edited: