August 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, a seller just calling it rare in an ad doesn't just make it so.
Old alone isn't enough to command a premium price. In my opinion it has to be old and actually rare to be priced high.
Sure there are some razors produced in limited numbers deserving a higher price, but some others were made in the tens of millions, so not rare, even after all these years. That's my buying philosophy of old used goods (tools) (and now razors) and I'm sure the same as many others.
When in doubt, research, quickly, or it's gone.
Or, take a punt and buy it when you see it.:D

Like everybody else, I was really shocked to learn that TABAC is being re-formulated to a tallow-free version!!! The new formula will without doubt be dogshit.

With that in mind, I felt a real urgency to order some soap and stock up, so I jumped online straight away to make a purchase.

My order got delivered today:
C4PBWTl.jpg

Barrister and Mann - Cologne Russe in excelsior base. It’s great!! Highly recommend it.

Sorry guys, I just had to de-Tabac-ify this tread for just one second...
What is the scent like?

Mail call, some nice new goodies to try.
Have to say at this point ive only smelt the arko stick and i appologise to you fans out there, the arko is nice and does not offend my shnoz.
Will see how the shave goes

Nice!! I love the shaving bowl. I am actually waiting for west coast shaving to get that bowl in again and a few other things to make it worthwhile shipping wise.

Nice!! I love the shaving bowl. I am actually waiting for west coast shaving to get that bowl in again and a few other things to make it worthwhile shipping wise.
Yeah its great had a quick shave with the arko, tried it out in the bowl to get birds with 1 stone and they are both aces, super happy with it all

I have been tempted to grab a few tubes of Nivea shaving cream and sticks. I missed a sale on them recently and have been soured on it since. LOL
It's always the way. The same thing happened with the Minora blades, they went on sale after I bought some and now they're available at the standard price and I can't commit to buying some more until they go on sale again. hahaha.

I've heard the Nivea stick is pretty good bang for buck. I'm looking forward to your opinion.

Nice haul there. That GD bergamot/lavender caught my eye immediately of course. How does it compare to the Stirling? (Happy to send you a sample if you haven't tried it)
I thought of you when I got the Berg/Lav. Unfortunately I don't have the Stirling Berg/Lav soap. I do however have the balm that you so kindly sent me a while back. I was planning on using this combo (Grooming Dept Berg/Lav soap + Stirling Berg/Lav balm) tomorrow. Will post my thoughts.

I thought of you when I got the Berg/Lav. Unfortunately I don't have the Stirling Berg/Lav soap. I do however have the balm that you so kindly sent me a while back. I was planning on using this combo (Grooming Dept Berg/Lav soap + Stirling Berg/Lav balm) tomorrow. Will post my thoughts.
Happy to also send you a sample for testing @Gargravarr

RJzDakA.jpg

I also had a West Coast Shaving Haul. I've been eyeing an Infinity handle for ages, and finally they had one in stock. I've got a 26mm Oumo Lotus tip on its way for it right now. SS Blackbird (probably my first 'high end' artisan razor) and 3x soaps. I pulled the trigger on Undersea mainly for the tub artwork after I saw that AE was going to replace it with a generic ocean scene one next. Smells exactly like I heard it would. Like a Yuzu citrus aquatic.

Mail call, some nice new goodies to try.
Have to say at this point ive only smelt the arko stick and i appologise to you fans out there, the arko is nice and does not offend my shnoz.
Will see how the shave goes
One lousy pissy Arko loo stick, well thank bloody goodness you still have our most respected woman in our Australian Commonwealth GOD save our Queen.

Last edited:
Picked one up and discovered this is a runout item. As one would expect that familiar Nivea scent pleasant and light. Will give it a run tomorrow.
9Je7Q1m.jpg
Nivea shaving stick smells like a disinfectant laundry cleaner :vomit::sick: worse against the Arko stick. Good luck old fart.

RJzDakA.jpg

I also had a West Coast Shaving Haul. I've been eyeing an Infinity handle for ages, and finally they had one in stock. I've got a 26mm Oumo Lotus tip on its way for it right now. SS Blackbird (probably my first 'high end' artisan razor) and 3x soaps. I pulled the trigger on Undersea mainly for the tub artwork after I saw that AE was going to replace it with a generic ocean scene one next. Smells exactly like I heard it would. Like a Yuzu citrus aquatic.
That brush handle is stunning. :love: ...and I'm sure you won't regret the Blackbird. Making bad razors is not in Blackland's DNA. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.