August 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail called today from my brother another six more refill pucks tallow version of TABAC!!!! I’m bloody glad to have a total 12 refill pucks, 6 refill sticks and 2 travel sticks all tallow soaps for many many years now. I give my middle finger salute to the vegan non-tallow version of Tabac in hell or kiss my ass :kiss:

7008-EF72-59-FE-4-E91-BF24-022-ADDA67-EAD.jpg

Mail called today from my brother another six more refill pucks tallow version of TABAC!!!! I’m bloody glad to have a total 12 refill pucks, 6 refill sticks and 2 travel sticks all tallow soaps for many many years now. I give my middle finger salute to the vegan non-tallow version of Tabac in hell or kiss my ass :kiss:

7008-EF72-59-FE-4-E91-BF24-022-ADDA67-EAD.jpg

I'm a little concerned that you have numbered them mate. What happens if you use them out of order?

Another rescue. $30 I thought was fair. Looks alot like a 1948 Australian Tech set No. 77.
https://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1948 AustraliaTech Set No77 England.JPG

A lowly little tech razor, as found, and in really good condition.
The bakelite case did it's job protecting the razor for sure. No plate loss at all, and only minor signs of use, if that. The original owner (the elderley sellers late father) definitely took care of the razor itself.
Looks back in the day all these items were gathered together into this kit and then sold as such, maybe a Gentleman's travel kit I suppose.
The 2 empty tubes have the brand "Robex" stamped under them.
Unfortunately the logo inside the outer case is too far gone to identify, right in the worst of the water damaged area.
The outer case is pretty sad, put away wet, or got wet and forgotten about for many years by the look of it.
Bakelite razor case has a bit missing, but the razor itself is gorgeous.
Didn't even clean it before it went into the metho bath for a scrub. No blade, soap or rust to remove. Just sterilize.
The 2 tubes are in good condition, (I cleaned their innards) and the hairbrush, just looks cheap.
Another little survivor saved from the trash bin.

lPWcuMw.jpg

jpO814M.jpg

JcUZgPH.jpg

0JYGPLE.jpg

zTPsnge.jpg

tuHvZ03.jpg

nfMwfPh.jpg

Another rescue. $30 I thought was fair. Looks alot like a 1948 Australian Tech set No. 77.

The bakelite case did it's job protecting the razor for sure. No plate loss at all, and only minor signs of use, if that. The original owner (the elderley sellers late father) definitely took care of the razor itself.
Looks back in the day all these items were gathered together into this kit and then sold as such, maybe a Gentleman's travel kit I suppose.
Unfortunately the logo inside the outer case is too far gone to identify, right in the worst of the water damaged area.
The outer case is pretty sad, put away wet, or got wet and forgotten about for many years by the look of it.
Didn't even clean it before it went into the metho bath for a scrub. No blade, soap or rust to remove. Just sterilize.
The 2 tubes are in good condition, (I cleaned their innards) and the hairbrush, just looks cheap.

lPWcuMw.jpg

jpO814M.jpg

JcUZgPH.jpg

0JYGPLE.jpg

zTPsnge.jpg

tuHvZ03.jpg

nfMwfPh.jpg
giphy.gif

Where's mine?????

lPWcuMw.jpg

jpO814M.jpg

JcUZgPH.jpg

0JYGPLE.jpg

zTPsnge.jpg

tuHvZ03.jpg

nfMwfPh.jpg
Very nice. Nothing lowly about a tech. They made a lot of them, but they're still a great little razor for all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.