Review Australian Private Reserve - The Soap

That's how my son used to eat and treat his spag-bol when he was a one year old sitting in the high chair!
All good fun shoving it down his gob with both hands until he started started choking then it would come out through his nose :)

Lovely looking lather though even though he's going to doughnut the knot....

I treat my Plissitane the exact same way, again, it's because there isn't much backbone in it and they like the soap right down in the knot....a bit of water down there and the flow of the lather out of the knot is really good.

No, the Platypus is not treated the same way :nurse:

Ruds reviews AP Reserve Coeur de Vert :)

Really good to have someone truly knowledgeable review your fragrances and products, the meaningful comparisons are accurate and appreciated!

"The Barrister & Mann of the Southern Hemisphere"....... whoa.

Yeah Ruds does not muck around with his reviews at all... which is why I (nervously) sent my stuff to him - it was sink or swim time and I needed the honest, no bullshit Boston/#ecc take on what I was doing.

Really good to have someone truly knowledgeable review your fragrances and products, the meaningful comparisons are accurate and appreciated!
What a fantastic review, you must have had quite a spring in your step after watching that @todras . (y)

What a fantastic review, you must have had quite a spring in your step after watching that @todras . (y)

That's a very high benchmark to have been given so early in the piece and one that I will have to now personally exceed, it does make me glad that as an Australian I am producing something that ranks and is considered as good as one of, if not their best... particularly on the US play-field which has such a high standard of artisans and so many of them.

No pressure though...

Really looking forward to see how the Summer fragrances are received and indeed reviewed, Maggards will have stock within a week or two :)

Did Ruds pay for APR or was it a gift for him to review?
He starts the video off saying that he went to a lunch with friends and at around the 20 second mark he mentions that he was loaned the soap for review.

I think he lives in the US.

@todras did you make a quick trip to the states?

He starts the video off saying that he went to a lunch with friends and at around the 20 second mark he mentions that he was loaned the soap for review.

I think he lives in the US.

@todras did you make a quick trip to the states?

You are quite correct @nsavage, as stated quite clearly in the review video Ruds borrowed the Soap and Splash from a friend to do the review and has now returned it.

I missed 'Bazmads' comments until you quoted them as I have him on ignore. He is known as a liar and attention seeker within the artisan community, I have little time for people who deliberately misrepresent, lie and cultivate silly and petty teenage dramas rather than constructively participating in a forum or social media.

a really bad troll
Ruds review posted on Reddit the other day.

Back on the ignore list you go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the tone in here changed quickly...

Great stuff @todras - nice to see that others are enjoying your products over the pond. But we always knew they were great :D.

Did Ruds pay for APR or was it a gift for him to review?
I do not make a habit of this, but I am saying this publicly. You started this with your very misinformed 'Where did the product come from?" comment. As a result, everything here WILL STAND AS-IS.

If you are going to troll - at least do it somewhat cleverly. The reasoning of how Ruds came to have this product was in the video in the first 30 seconds, stated it was loaned by a friend at a meetup for review purpose. If you did not watch that much at least then wanted to question it publicly as you did, then you are the one looking silly and as if you have an axe to grind.

Watch the video next time before throwing that sort of bait into the water, and if you want to bring crap and drama from other sites like what Reddit thinks, PM's from other sites (classed as personal, private communications) etc then you will be the one taking a holiday. If you have a problem with something then you should be engaging myself and Mark, and that goes for anyone else that has a real problem on this forum.

That's it - end of the discussion here. Bring it to my PMs if you have a problem.

Ok, I think my feelings and the situation is abundantly clear in regards to this 'Bazman' guy and why he does what he does. He will remain on my ignore list, I note his comments across FB and other platforms have been unsurprisingly treated in the same way as they have here - treated as baseless, unsubstantiated and ridiculous and have subsequently been reported to me and have been deleted. You are free to criticise a product meaningfully, any product but what you are not free to do is misrepresent, speak clear untruths and create silly teenage dramas for attention.

@Monsta_AU or @Mark1966 I am happy for you both to delete this post and my harsh, lacerating comments towards him. By posting so strongly I have introduced a tone that is not in keeping with the nature of P&C and quite frankly one that is inappropriate. As I have indicated privately, I apologize and recognise that the tone and substance of my anger was inappropriate in this community.

This will be the last I say on this matter, the individual concerned will remain on my ignore list, both here and across all other platforms and you all have my apology for the nature of my post.