Cella (& other softies)

I've tried my sample of Cella graciously provided to me, and I have to say that it is basically P160 with a slightly different scent. Performance is very very similar.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing. Now we cannot get P160, then it is reassuring that this full-fat Italian product is still with us.

I can't get over the smell. I just can't do it.

If it wasn't for the smell, I would be head over heels for this soap.

Lather, glide, slickness, it's got it all.

Just wish it didn't have that godawful Dr Pepper smell.

Then you'd have gagged at P160. Leave it uncovered, the smell will die down a lot.

Then you'd have gagged at P160. Leave it uncovered, the smell will die down a lot.

Yes, the P160 has a much more 'cherry' scent than the Cella which although has a cherry note, it is nowhere near as pronounced as the P160.

It's not that noticeable once lathered, and leaves your skin relatively scent-free.

The Italian manufacturer of P.160, Figaro and Fitness and not acknowledged but thought to be the manufacturer for Aqua di Parma also makes a soap for a fella in the States ( Guissepe or Joe from Italian Barber )

This is sold under the "Razorock" brand, there are several Razorck soaps sold but the one that is attracting a lot of attention at the moment is called Razorock XXX.

It is said by many to be the same as Aqua di Parma ( which sells for $60.00 a puk ) with identical ingredients.

There are several Razorock soft soaps ( very soft in fact ) available but there's one called Razorock XXX that is very good without the almond / Dr. Pepper scent. ( an innovative description. LOL !)

It has a citrusy lemon scent. It sells for around $8.00.

I have a tub and can understand why it's getting a lot of attention.
Just my two cents.

Shaving Creams and Soaps - Italian Barber Online Shaving Supplies

Attachments

• Razorock XXX.jpg
    Razorock XXX.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 4
So its a good soap?
What a question !

So totally subjective.

IMO, its a very good soap/cream without being exceptional or "top shelf".
There are quite a few reviews on the other forums that praise this stuff as the new Messiah of soaps at a bargain price.

It is much softer in consistency than the big three Italians. ( Cella P.160. and Valobra) and is perhaps even softer than Proraso. It is now being marketed by Giuseppe as a "cream soap" sold in a light weight black plastic tub.

It lathers very easily and for that reason alone I think it has been getting a lot of attention.
Once again the glide is very good, protection is equally good and the moistursing is very good.

I think many people aren't that enthralled by a pronounced almond scent and so Razorock has found a market by offering a product that is simply hard to go wrong with.
It requires less effort to get maximum result and has a more modern and perhaps more acceptable citrus scent.

Anyway, if your not squeamish about used soaps, I'll gift you my 80 percent full puk.
Just PM me your details. - If the idea doesn't appeal then I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm with you, that dr pepper smell is just too strong.

I agree with pretty much everything said about Cella and P160. I love the Italian soft soaps.
I was lucky enough to win a $50 voucher from MensBiz for my reviews (funnily enough I won again the other day :p) and I grabbed myself some Acqua di Parma soap. That stuff is on another level compared to Cella. I only need about 5 swirls and I get enough thick lather for 3+ passes. This RazoRock piques my interest.... According to the website - you need a 30 second swirl. I could fill my entire bathroom if I loaded my brush with that much AdP.

A 30 second swirl for RazoRock?
No way. I do a ten second swirl and get enough for three passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first lash with this one last night. I loathe marzipan so I was a bit wary of the scent of the soap but it was actually quite pleasant when it was lathered up. I am storing it in a bowl that isn't airtight so that should help make the fragrance a bit milder too.

I loaded up on the frank shave silvertip. Took a little while with the soft knot ~1 minute but certainly not difficult. Face lathered easy peasy. This is very nice soap I can see why it gets the love. Glide and cushion in abundance and left my face feeling pretty durn good. Probably loaded a bit more than necessary as I had plenty of lather left in the brush after 3 passes and touch up.

I had an excellent shave. Cheers Drubs I think this one is on the acquire list.

I had an excellent shave. Cheers Drubs I think this one is on the acquire list.

No problem. If you're ambivalent about the scent, you'll come to equate it with success. I got a bad tub at first, it smelled of old play dough. Thought that was how it was meant to be, as otherwise it was great.

Bot the brick and it was far better; I find it a very nice smell. P160 is more marzipan/maraschino cherry. They both work the same, so no real need to miss it.

I guess almond essence must be a cheap additive in Italy!

Not sure I would go for a block just yet. Still other things I would like to try out although I'm starting to wonder why if the cella works this well and easily every time.

I guess almond essence must be a cheap additive in Italy!

Not sure I would go for a block just yet. Still other things I would like to try out although I'm starting to wonder why if the cella works this well and easily every time.

Everything Italian seems to have almonds in it, biscotti, ameretti etc etc etc - it is jsut the Italian signature smell I think.

Why try others when Cella works so well? - Good question. It is why I pass on inferior stuff to others nowadays. Like is too short to use merely average shaving soap!

Last edited:
It is why I pass on inferior stuff to others nowadays. Like is too short to use crap shaving soap!

So the various soaps you have PIFed my way weren't done out of a spirit of kindness and generosity towards a newbie but instead a spirit of "who can I pass this crap onto to get it out of my house". I truly saddened, my faith in the purity of human nature shattered. (I dont suppose you would like some Berts Bees soap?)

Glen (two can play at this game!)

So the various soaps you have PIFed my way weren't done out of a spirit of kindness and generosity towards a newbie but instead a spirit of "who can I pass this crap onto to get it out of my house". I truly saddened, my faith in the purity of human nature shattered. (I dont suppose you would like some Berts Bees soap?)

Glen (two can play at this game!)

No, because YMMV and it may be just what you are looking for!

No, because YMMV and it may be just waht you are looking for!

This, Glen. I've Pifd you some stuff I just don't like but works fine; it's basic communism in action and nothing to be ashamed of.

Fun Fact: the Israelis have practised communism for 40 years with the Kibbutz system and while not perfect, we also elected Julia Gillard (only just)and might give Tony 'barking mad monk' a crack too, so clearly democracy isn't either.