December 2011 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that I can blast the thread to the dark ages and create it myself yes?

Not sensitive at all, just wondering if he realised that was the case :D

Good start to the month. Off-topic from the get go!

At least I'm saved from the brush sellers.....

Hunny - you might have started something very ominous here.

Did you know that you can get Simpsons to reknot the brush too? :D

Mark's also very easy to deal with. He used to live in Perth just up the road from me, pissed it up in one of the local pubs (the Saint, then a complete dive) and has got a great sense of humour. No wonder he didn't last on B&B. Through him I had a special order Vulvix 2189 handle knotted with a boar/badger mix. One of the nicest all round brushes I've got.

Mark's also very easy to deal with. He used to live in Perth just up the road from me, pissed it up in one of the local pubs (the Saint, then a complete dive) and has got a great sense of humour. No wonder he didn't last on B&B. Through him I had a special order Vulvix 2189 handle knotted with a boar/badger mix. One of the nicest all round brushes I've got.

Yes, my dealings with him have been very good, and some common ground to yack about being from Perth.

Worth looking into Mark. Simmos Best will cack all over TGN, but then you know that. Plus you'll probably be able to name your specs.

I received my awesome King Cutter razor on Thursday (pics in last month's thread) and a nice book "Before Gillette" a few days ago. I got that book from Razor Emporium. It describes the various attempts to make a safe razor before Mr Gillette's 1901 invention and patent.

I don't think I'll be ordering much stuff the next couple of months -- famous last words! I've got plenty of blades and soap, and have recently purchased two straights. Time to be a bit more frugal and pay off the credit card :(

A new brush would be nice though :)

I received my awesome King Cutter razor on Thursday (pics in last month's thread) and a nice book "Before Gillette" a few days ago. I got that book from Razor Emporium. It describes the various attempts to make a safe razor before Mr Gillette's 1901 invention and patent.

I don't think I'll be ordering much stuff the next couple of months -- famous last words! I've got plenty of blades and soap, and have recently purchased two straights. Time to be a bit more frugal and pay off the credit card :(

A new brush would be nice though :)
'Attempts'? I wouldn't put it that way, some of the older ones are pretty good. I still use a 1900 patented razor.
Got through November without buying a thing, easy as. Though i probably would have bought marks #21 if I saw it it time, under $100, yessir!
But I made it through with a full wallet with regards to shaving gear, and December looks good too.

Another one that got away!

It was here in OZ too. My snipe was set for well above this and it got an error when it went to place a bid :evil:

No second chances with snipes unfortunately.

I don't suppose anybody here got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.