December 2011 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot all about the restoration side of things - will have to talk to our resident restorer when I get them about costs.

They look a bit daggy but that's more to do with the wanna be badger staining which fades over time. I'd give them a go first. I had an old boar knot in a travel brush that was really nice. A bit thin so I re-knotted it with TGN Best but it really didn't need it to be honest. Basically what I got in return is a somewhat thin badger knot.

They look a bit daggy but that's more to do with the wanna be badger staining which fades over time. I'd give them a go first. I had an old boar knot in a travel brush that was really nice. A bit thin so I re-knotted it with TGN Best but it really didn't need it to be honest. Basically what I got in return is a somewhat thin badger knot.

Will take your advice If they work they stay untouched.

That's a gillette NEW on a ball end handle.
You may like that open comb razor, hopefully the handle isn't too cracked

I am glad you people know what they hell I am buying cause I really have no clue - simple philosophy 2 razors plus a couple of other goodies 20.00 - sold.

Glen

I stand corrected. It is a NEW head, I didn't look at the pics enlarged - my bad.

If the handle is cracked 'epoxy' - Araldite - is your friend!

December is looking to be a dry month already.....

I do have a tendency to speak too soon don't I :embarrest:

Apart from the #70 set and Lillicraps hone I mentioned earlier I also have on the way:

• Gillette 1904 Double Ring
  • Gillette #66
  • Gillette #66 and Tech Case
  • Gillette 1905 Double Ring
  • Lillicraps hone in box with instructions

Do you think I need treatment for this?

I do have a tendency to speak too soon don't I :embarrest:

Apart from the #70 set and Lillicraps hone I mentioned earlier I also have on the way:

• Gillette 1904 Double Ring
  • Gillette #66
  • Gillette #66 and Tech Case
  • Gillette 1905 Double Ring
  • Lillicraps hone in box with instructions

Do you think I need treatment for this?

OH, and a #16 that just arrived - forgot about that :huh:

Nope, but given you are in Canberra, if the Budget isn't in surplus next year we will know why! :)

If the Budget IS in surplus it is because of the dividend from Australia post that I've funded!

If the Budget IS in surplus it is because of the dividend from Australia post that I've funded!

Or you've got an attractive postie and you're just using this as an excuse to hang out at your letter box to see a hot bickie chick rock up just for you. In the days when I was receiving lots of stuff I always imagined this to be the case. Unfortunately I discovered that my postie is male, pockmarked and largely toothless. I've since in dissapointment generally stopped buying shaving gear.

Last edited:
Or you've got an attractive postie and you're just using this as an excuse to hang out at your letter box to see a hot bickie chick rock up just for you. In the days when I was receiving lots of stuff I always imagined this to be the case. Unfortunately I discovered that my postie is male, pockmarked and largely toothless. I've since in dissapointment generally stopped buying shaving gear.

LOL! Ken at O'Connor post office is a nice guy - but really not my type!

BTW - have you ever seen a 'hot bickie chick' working for AusPost?

.....BTW - have you ever seen a 'hot bickie chick' working for AusPost?

No, maybe I'll start buying stuff to find out!

By the way I'm rich .....apparently. I've got one of these in just as good a nick with a case. That's about 5 times what it's really worth. I'll call myself jarrahfurnituredude and sell it on e-bay. Got a son who's a photographer so I can piss all over CFM if I want.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Last edited:
No, maybe I'll start buying stuff to find out!

By the way I'm rich .....apparently. I've got one of these in just as good a nick with a case. That's about 5 times what it's really worth. I'll call myself jarrahfurnituredude and sell it on e-bay. Got a son who's a photographer so I can piss all over CFM if I want.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

LOL - they get amazing prices and cop a bit for doing so but I can't see that they do anything wrong, or am I missing something?

LOL - they get amazing prices and cop a bit for doing so but I can't see that they do anything wrong, or am I missing something?

No, they don't do anything wrong whatsoever. Quite the contrary, they're doing everything right. Sexy pictures, polish the living daylights out of the head and Bob's your uncle. I'm sure they're not driving around in Ferarris either. Through applying a few very simple concepts, lots of good pictures, good communications and being consistent with all this they've managed to gather a bunch of complete fanboys around them who are willing to fork out loads of dosh for whatever they sell. Good on'm. I'm just happy I've got a pretty common razor that's suddenly worth $150.

Two knots from TGN. One (Silvertip grade A) for a wee little travel brush I'm restoring and the other (Silvertip) for Drubbings Semoque. Both are interesting restores and I'll post a few pictures when it's all done. Having to reduce the knot for travel brush, basically sanding the plug from 18 to almost 16mm so I can get the loft I want. Scary at first but works a treat. It's an easily achieved alternative to making the handle bigger to fit the knot.

Last edited:
This from eBay - a slippery slope has begun I fear....

Oh dear, oh dear!

Nice butterscotchey. It might be a bit of scum on the top of the handle but it looks to me like the glue has given out. Welcome to the world of restores.

Status
Not open for further replies.