Feburary 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny things happen when you are not paying attention. I had a delivery today -

One for the SE tragics - but it is not your common GEM.

It has a wedge blade that can be honed and stropped (although I will try with a SE blade) and is made by C V Heljestrand of Eskilstuna Sweden, a famous cutler and maker of straight razors.

Unfortunately you can't see the detail very well but it is beautiful -

And you said you had stopped collecting?

Now he's just buying!

Truefitt&Hill 1805 Aftershave turned up today.

Very very nice scent!

Truefitt&Hill 1805 Aftershave turned up today.

Very very nice scent!

Yes, a staple in our house, I think my son's favourite

Mensbiz with the BB discount it was just over $40 which I concluded was a bargain

would you like a sampler Phil? Ever sniffed it?

would you like a sampler Phil? Ever sniffed it?
Generous bloke aren't you?!
Sure, I wouldn't mind a sample to try.
Nope. Never sniffed it. Does it go well with a particular fragrance?

I love the 1805 scent - the SC was an amazing performer but alas I only had a sample.

It's a bit expensive compared to most of my preferred creams.

Hmmm. Perhaps I won't like the scent then... It seems that if @Nonick and @Monsta_AU (and @Mark1966's son) all like the scent, then it's a good chance I won't. [emoji51] I mean, you all love the scent of Jermyn Street - but I don't. (Please don't lynch me!) Just sayin'

Ahh Phil.. You don't like Jermyn St? This is a worry.

Well you might be right, but the scent is different to JS, it's apparently their most popular fragrance. Did the shop lady say it's a bit like Issy Myake? (my foggy memory could be incorrect)

Aqua scent ?

Either way mate you'll know for yourself when you go to work Thursday morning reeking of 1805. Let us know.

Either way mate you'll know for yourself when you go to work Thursday morning reeking of 1805. Let us know.
Cheers. Will do.

Very nice. You can also get seven day sets of these. You really should expand your horizons. First of all start collecting all the SE razors. Cheap compared to vintage DEs. Then start honing those little SE blades. Then start collecting rare sharpening/honing stones/strops (that can get very pricey) and then progress (or regress depending on historical considerations) to straights. So, your DE collection will form part of an entire historical representation of everything shaving related.

Great idea if you ask me. It'll give you a legitimate reason to hang out on e-bay all the time (like the good old days), you won't have to engage in conversation with your wife and family anymore (like the good old days) and it'll give all of us a good reason to log on and see what Mark has purchased next (like the good old days).

These arrived the other day. I've had some good shaves with Russian blades recently (well, just Astra SP's), so thought I'd try these.

The idea of buying 300 blades, completely untested, seems ridiculous, but $25 shipped for the lot was a punt I was willing to take!

Anyone tried these?

20150203_172245_zpsde63f74c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.