Feburary 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6kEwNNXfQxiLWYgi_SymLagS7aRrVSdZJ9_03QaSndc

Try again

Monsta Edit: Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
These arrived the other day. I've had some good shaves with Russian blades recently (well, just Astra SP's), so thought I'd try these.

The idea of buying 300 blades, completely untested, seems ridiculous, but $25 shipped for the lot was a punt I was willing to take!

Anyone tried these?

20150203_172245_zpsde63f74c.jpg

Have tried the Rapiras on the left and the Voskhods in the middle. $25 shipped for this lot is a steal - great buy mate.
...a word of warning, some on here might try and convince you the Voskhod are lousy and offer to help you out by relieving you of the burden of ownership. Be aware, be very aware!

These arrived the other day. I've had some good shaves with Russian blades recently (well, just Astra SP's), so thought I'd try these.

The idea of buying 300 blades, completely untested, seems ridiculous, but $25 shipped for the lot was a punt I was willing to take!

Anyone tried these?
Damn that's a good price!
Voskhods work great for me in mild razors like the EJagger DE89. If you don't like them in sure there are others here that would take them off your hands.
Rapiras I've only used a few of - nothing wrong with them that I remember but others with more recent experience will no doubt chime in soon.

Anyone tried these?

20150203_172245_zpsde63f74c.jpg
I've never tried the Swedish Supersteel, but the Platinum Lux are very good ( better than Voskhod IMO).

Those rubies look like the fake ones @Monsta_AU has warned us about previously. But the rest seem amazing prices. $80 delivered for 1k voskhods and entry into the Grand Society anyone?

His prices seem to get cheaper and cheaper! This bloke has been selling these Russian blades for a while. The American Greenback must be killing the poor Russian Ruble...
Or with increased demand, scaled up purchases gain a concession from his supplier.

Thats cheap as chips

Anyone had experience with these enough to comment? Vokshod seems to get the most press around here. I'd get a bunch of these if someone can point me in the right direction

Appears he is offering sampler packs too.

I'm tempted with a few myself.

sample pack of 40 blades is $4.20

Mixed pack of 120 blades is $5

I think I'd skip a couple of soft serves and go the mixed pack!

Looking at Personnas, can anyone tell me where the "comfort coated" ones from the US sit in the line up, and also the "viking sword" Israeli ones.

At that price, anyone with less than 2,000 blades would be remiss not to at least jump on the sampler deal in consideration of a decent purchase.

Well just be aware there's VERY differing opinions on these blades - some people think they're pretty good but a lot of others find them very poor. So definitely far more polarising than a lot of more mainstream options.

Love Voskhods, only tried Rapira Stainless or something - the one with the pink in the packaging - not very impressed...

FWIW loaded up a Rapira Swedish Super Steel in a Gillette Slim@5 (picked as it's pretty middle of the road, both setting and razor) - I used one a long time back but never used again. Very average-ish blade, not special in either sharpness or smoothness. Did get the feeling it wouldn't last many shaves. So take that for what it's worth.

I know they're selling very cheap but certainly not a blade I'd go spending good money on - not that they're bad but certainly far superior blades to be had for marginally more. Will pop a Plat. Lux in over the next few days but expect they'd be much of a muchness. As always YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.