January 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some beauties with new homes today - you are obviously men of high taste.

This nice specimen arrived in the mail today.

c90fb4a3eb255e9470cd8ed4a93eb289.jpg

Just got my Express Post parcel...

I know it is not shaving gear but - I like it!

Thanks to you know who :)

84d416fcd694c36ef83e7946b064b98c.jpg

I'm very impressed with the strop shoppe scents, and it's soooooft soap [emoji106][emoji106]

The Maggards might go in my soap sale, they are harder soaps which numpties like me find too difficult.

b27aa66c57d35313cb691a6e9d864978.jpg

Two for the price of one delivered from connaughts, first dealing with them, fuss free and quick & cheap. [emoji106][emoji106] tobs is a solid performer for me, my two favorite scents from Filo samples in October. Has it been so long??

0e7e772f5fb31726a8d36b1a5301e9a8.jpg

Thanks @Lifes a Peach for the blades! What have people found to be a winning combo in the R41? I wasn't quite game to take it on this morning, I still need me face for this weekend. Instead the trusty straight came out.

Looking forward to using these great products!

What have people found to be a winning combo in the R41? I wasn't quite game to take it on this morning, I still need me face for this weekend. Instead the trusty straight came out

This is really funny - I think a lot of members would live to be able to say this :) :) :)

I'm very impressed with the strop shoppe scents, and it's soooooft soap [emoji106][emoji106]
[/QUOTE]
Strop Shoppe soaps are very highly rated. I like the scents too and really need to crack open one or two of the samples I got recently as well. [emoji6]

A few parcels finally arrived!

SJVaeQK.png

Nannys White Grape and Bamboo with Goats Milk - should be interesting. A soft soap indeed.

L4fu4dx.png

Took about 6 weeks but finally got here!
Mikes Soaps
WSP's Rustic shaving soap
iKon Shavecraft #102 slant head

Should last me for 2015...

Postage is a pest so it's best to buy a couple of soaps at the same time. You also don't know what scents you'll like... And I plan to trade away what I'm not going to get to!

I'm NOT actively collecting - but I cannot resist accessories and paperwork ...

Barely used Slim Twist. Razor with no place of manufacture marked. Case made in England. Instructions printed in Australia. Blades made in Australia - one missing one still in dispenser.

A nice pickup - many thanks to @borked for the heads up on this (y)

I think I've got a few 5 packs of those blades if it ups the value of the set?

I think I've got a few 5 packs of those blades if it ups the value of the set?

Thanks but no. if it came with the 2 pack (likely) the 5 pack would not work

Another straight. 20$ us. Didn't look like it needed the work when it arrived... But I ended up with a full hone and strop. Shaved with it today. Needed a final touch up with a Barber Hone before it yield a smooth shave. -(
72a3eaa81c98bbe1dcefc15556f14de4.jpg

Last edited:
The Plisson Synth has arrived, will get a work out in the morning. It does seem awfully soft when I peeked at it earlier so we will see how it goes.

Thanks to @Nick the Knife for getting them and @filobiblic for arranging family transport to our shores.

Status
Not open for further replies.