January 2015 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big bowl latherer but for $3 I couldn't pass this up at the local Red Cross shop. Will retire my retro 70's soup bowl that roughed it on the few times I did stray from face lathering.

2q8vqir.jpg

Another straight. 20$ us. Didn't look like it needed the work when it arrived... But I ended up with a full hone and strop. Shaved with it today. Needed a final touch up with a Barber Hone before it yield a smooth shave.

It does not look at its best, but for $20 seems to be a good bargain.

Razor guy ... Your right, if I had to do it over again I would just go with a good "7 Day Set". Think about that every time I see one up for sale. But these 'cheapies" have taught me to hone fairly well(;-)

Razor guy ... Your right, if I had to do it over again I would just go with a good "7 Day Set". Think about that every time I see one up for sale. But these 'cheapies" have taught me to hone fairly well(;-)

I guess this is what we all did with those "cheapies". A good way to learn how to hone and, if you are lucky enough, some of them turn out to be excellent shavers.

Fruit loops - it more of a lemon zing with sweet lolly under tones. I can remember eating Fruit Tingle lifesavers from the local deli as a kid - it smells idential to that.

Fruit loops - it more of a lemon zing with sweet lolly under tones. I can remember eating Fruit Tingle lifesavers from the local deli as a kid - it smells idential to that.
Haha! You the sweet tooth?! I bet it was Catie that inspired that scent! [emoji14]

Edit: Catie is Chris' daughter where the name of the soap company comes from.

Yea, this one certainly would not be for everyone. It's the only soap I have of this nature but Damn it smells good. I probably would have got the LPVas preference, however it was sold out and I have read its very spicy almost savoury scent.

I probably would have got the LPVas preference, however it was sold out and I have read its very spicy almost savoury scent.
I have read LPV smells like the Bavx (Baux) scent from L'Occitane. That's what Chris was modelling the scent on. That's in the spicy oriental family, but I know it has a sweetness from apples in it as well. It sounds like it's my kind of scent! [emoji4]

And that's the problem with sabbaticals. Suddenly everything is your thing due to inability to obtain it ;)

And that's the problem with sabbaticals. Suddenly everything is your thing due to inability to obtain it ;)
Too right! [emoji6]

I have read LPV smells like the Bavx (Baux) scent from L'Occitane. That's what Chris was modelling the scent on. That's in the spicy oriental family, but I know it has a sweetness from apples in it as well. It sounds like it's my kind of scent!
emoji4.png

With any luck ill still have the LPV shortly too, thanks to @3pass. I think he had a bit or a reaction to the spices. If so ill send you a sample @filobiblic .

With any luck ill still have the LPV shortly too, thanks to @3pass. I think he had a bit or a reaction to the spices. If so ill send you a sample @filobiblic .
Thanks mate. Definitely be up for a sample! [emoji106]

Another straight. 20$ us. Didn't look like it needed the work when it arrived... But I ended up with a full hone and strop. Shaved with it today. Needed a final touch up with a Barber Hone before it yield a smooth shave. -(
72a3eaa81c98bbe1dcefc15556f14de4.jpg
What barbers hone do u use

Status
Not open for further replies.