January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally arrived, after 22 days being lost in the matrix that is the postal service.
aus%20set.jpg

Aristocrat #15 closed comb, rumour has it these were for the Australian market, and Gillette used the #21 rather than the usual #15 open comb. Either way, it was a great shave and performed really well on its maiden voyage tonight.

I think i'm done with collecting the aristocrats, family pic from front to back: #66 Rh, #16 Rh, 1934 pre #15 OC in silver plate and the 15/21 at the rear (still not sure what the plating on it is)
IMG_20170130_131934769.jpg

Thanks mate @Korbz although @SpeedyPC has me worried now, as I asked when I was about to purchase it to make sure that it was 0.68 gap I hope it is !!!

I would take what he says with a grain of salt tbh.

Checking the blade gap on a timeless is simple,one side of the base-plate edge will be clearly stamped with 6T8 or 9T8 with the timeless logo between the numerals.

I would take what he says with a grain of salt tbh.

Checking the blade gap on a timeless is simple,one side of the base-plate edge will be clearly stamped with 6T8 or 9T8 with the timeless logo between the numerals.
There is no stamp on either side of the base plate @todras so I need to try figure it out some other way.

oWdxnwo.jpg

A 'Call of Duty' mail call this morning, I buy boxes of these 'date rolls' online to support the building of dunny's around the world to help stop the spread of communicable disease, water contamination and a host of other easily preventable illnesses. Fairly cheap and I know I'm doing my bit to help wipe out disease....

Who Gives A Crap ?

I do.

I'd buy it just for the box!

Do you see how the cutout above the 68 is oval at the bottom,this indicates a 68,for the "Timeless" staff prior to engraving.
I fear Tony may not have a 68

I fear so too, from my use the 68mm is more than adequate and I say that using my Progress on a 3.5 setting (hey @alfredus :p )

If it does turn out to be a 98 he would be best ordering a 68 baseplate from Timeless unless he wants a very aggressive shave.

I would be interested in buying the 98 from you @Tony Forsyth if you want to offload it. Let me know in due course!

Do you see how the cutout above the 68 is oval at the bottom,this indicates a 68,for the "Timeless" staff prior to engraving.
I fear Tony may not have a 68

@tullfan that why I was asking because I can tell something doesn't look right when I saw @Tony Forsyth post on his Timeless, good luck @Tony Forsyth fingers cross for you pal (y)

Guy's its all good at present. I have spoken with the guy I made my purchase through and on checking back the paperwork it has been confirmed that the blade gap is 0.98 However the guy has just confirmed that he will send me the correct plate of 0.68
Thanks for everyone's help.
Cheers
Tony

Guy's its all good at present. I have spoken with the guy I made my purchase through and on checking back the paperwork it has been confirmed that the blade gap is 0.98 However the guy has just confirmed that he will send me the correct plate of 0.68
Thanks for everyone's help.
Cheers
Tony

@Tony Forsyth I knew it, I was 100% right when looking at the base plate it was aggressive (y) and I'm glad he's going to send you the correct base plate soon.

1_Standing_S_zps7rwkpjaj.jpg

2_Standing_S_zpsw1je2mk6.jpg

3_Back_S_zpsdrzqs88b.jpg

3_Front_S_zps2ltu2awz.jpg

Doug Korn D7V with Romera Manchurian - just took 6 months from conception to getting it

Unfortunately my photographic skills truly suck and don't do it any justice...my wife says it looks like jewellery...

1_Standing_S_zps7rwkpjaj.jpg

2_Standing_S_zpsw1je2mk6.jpg

3_Back_S_zpsdrzqs88b.jpg

3_Front_S_zps2ltu2awz.jpg

Doug Korn D7V with Romera Manchurian - just took 6 months from conception to getting it

Unfortunately my photographic skills truly suck and don't do it any justice...my wife says it looks like jewellery...
Wow - another beautiful brush! Congratuations, @alfredus.

Finally arrived, after 22 days being lost in the matrix that is the postal service.
aus%20set.jpg

Aristocrat #15 closed comb, rumour has it these were for the Australian market, and Gillette used the #21 rather than the usual #15 open comb. Either way, it was a great shave and performed really well on its maiden voyage tonight.

I think i'm done with collecting the aristocrats, family pic from front to back: #66 Rh, #16 Rh, 1934 pre #15 OC in silver plate and the 15/21 at the rear (still not sure what the plating on it is)
IMG_20170130_131934769.jpg
Lovely line-up there, @Alba65 - I reckon you and @Mark1966 would get on a storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.