June 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Swedes decided to turn up unfashionably late...
Better late than never I suppose.

Not shaving related, but this fellow just turned up at our house on Friday
2014-07-03

Dogs just turn up…

I'm heading OS tomorrow am for a week and needed some Speick balm and a little travel tube for it. Placed order with MB on Thursday might, and gave Nathan a heads up request to ship quick please. I'm in the middle of packing and here it is (with a sizeable holiday freebie too). One of the reasons the bloke is doing as well as he his.

Not shaving related, but this fellow just turned up at our house on Friday

Nice - does the fellow have a name?

Not sure if I introduced my son's (and mine by default) acquisition from a little while back ...

This was Max on a walk one morning when we first got him in April. He has filled out a bit now - he is about 7 months old now.

He would just love to be inside - but would chew that mat in minutes!

Pretty sure we did a thread on "ermagerd I owns a dog" some time ago.

Nice looking hound Eggy. Ridgeback Staffy? Going to be a big boy. Look at those arms. Bigger than Syds.

@Drubbing what did Nathan throw in for you? Did you try what I suggested?

Yeah, it's not bad. I'd prefer it was more like the Floid AS. It's vaguely similar but not the same. Works well enough as a man cream though.

In honour of his color we have called him Rufous.

Seems to be a lovely dog. Very food oriented so am starting training him using that already.

About 6 months old and I got him from the pound who would have already put him down today if we didn't pick him up on Friday.

$25 including a microchip.

Pretty sure we did a thread on "ermagerd I owns a dog" some time ago.

Sorry mate - old age makes me forgetful

In honour of his color we have called him Rufous.

Seems to be a lovely dog. Very food oriented so am starting training him using that already.

About 6 months old and I got him from the pound who would have already put him down today if we didn't pick him up on Friday.

$25 including a microchip.

WOW - RSPCA in CBR charges ABOUT $500!!!

Mods are getting slack - time for July thread!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SLACK! LOOK HERE!

(Sorry Boss ....)

OOPS!

Hit list here so far:
  • Pump in garden fountain
  • Cushions on outdoor furniture
  • Laundry trolley peg basket
  • Assorted trees and shrubs
  • Terracotta pots
  • Mats and net on trampoline
  • Shoes foolishly left outside
  • Power cord on rainwater pump
at least that is some of what has been done. As newbie dog owners we are learning the hard way ....

Sounds like he is going through a mouthing stage. Most of the pups coming through our animal rescue go through that phase. A tiny dab of Vicks VapoRub on things you don't want chewed works a wonder. Don't put too much on!

That's for inside things like blinds, shoes etc.

All you can do is make your place as puppy proof as possible. We use baby gates through the house to minimise the impact on the place from the puppy err T-Rex.

Having a puppy really makes you learn to pick up after yourself, and to NOT EVER OWN NICE THINGS lol.

Sounds like he is going through a mouthing stage. Most of the pups coming through our animal rescue go through that phase. A tiny dab of Vicks VapoRub on things you don't want chewed works a wonder. Don't put too much on!

Having a puppy really makes you learn to pick up after yourself, and to NOT EVER OWN NICE THINGS lol.

Yeah - we are learning all about puppies and their proclivities.

The backyard is trashed - learn to live with it.

Installed a fence for $1k to keep him away from the washing line - the price you pay.

Decide you will love him anyway - because you have to.

Build a bridge and get over it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.