June 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403159225.104528.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403159238.187850.jpg

All this talk about Slims... Lookee what I 'acquired' via post.

1964 J4 in VGC with old box & blades to boot. Missing some paint on 1,3,5 but no loss on 7 & 9.

Bought on eBay as Buy it Now at a very reasonable price as the seller didn't clean it up. So it had terrible piccies with "rust like" spots and soap scum. Cleaned up VERY well with a bath & scrub. Very happy indeed.

(Keep looking @stillshunter - yours is out there somewhere...)

View attachment 627
View attachment 628

All this talk about Slims... Lookee what I 'acquired' via post.

1964 J4 in VGC with old box & blades to boot. Missing some paint on 1,3,5 but no loss on 7 & 9.

Bought on eBay as Buy it Now at a very reasonable price as the seller didn't clean it up. So it had terrible piccies with "rust like" spots and soap scum. Cleaned up VERY well with a bath & scrub. Very happy indeed.

(Keep looking @stillshunter - yours is out there somewhere...)
Congratulations Filo you have now acquired the greatest razor ever made. Enjoy yourself (hope you have a sick of ARKO!!!! to go with it)

Yeah, yet how was the shave ?

@borked I'm out of action at the moment. No shaving for another week or so. [emoji31]
Been having extensive surgery on my nose post-skin cancer. I got much more than I bargained for... [emoji43]
The last operation was Tuesday so I have to wait until the Doc takes the bandage off my nose (Monday/Thursday).
So I'm forced to wait!!!

Thanks all.
("Really, it's just a scratch!")

With an imminent birthday, I've failed to buy me a Fender Telecaster. As Jug will testify, my public playing is a tad ordinary, so of course the sensible thing to do is buy more gear.

This is the only time I feel hindered by being a lefty. Nothing in local stores (that's affordable), and nothing in stock with Fender in the whole country, unless you want black. That is shit. I could go to the hassle of paying silly shipping and get something OS, but I've some store credit that would make a big dent in my purchase price, so not buying locally isn't saving me anything. Bugger. I was looking forward to sounding crap on something different.

Does the NBN count as a shaving related purchase as it allows me to come here? If so, it rocks compared to what I had before!

Does the NBN count as a shaving related purchase as it allows me to come here? If so, it rocks compared to what I had before!

You have NBN? Details, details, details

With an imminent birthday, I've failed to buy me a Fender Telecaster. As Jug will testify, my public playing is a tad ordinary, so of course the sensible thing to do is buy more gear.

This is the only time I feel hindered by being a lefty. Nothing in local stores (that's affordable), and nothing in stock with Fender in the whole country, unless you want black. That is shit. I could go to the hassle of paying silly shipping and get something OS, but I've some store credit that would make a big dent in my purchase price, so not buying locally isn't saving me anything. Bugger. I was looking forward to sounding crap on something different.

So we now have a non acquisitions thread :) I didn't buy the Lamborghini I was wanting either so I know your pain Drubs. :)

I stayed with internode who were my previous supplier because they mirror certain news servers which interest me.

Went with the gold service which I think is 50mb down 10 up and 300gb per month.

Compared to the low ADSL speeds I was getting while paying for adsl2 I am so much happier.

Huge boxes they install though. If I had known quite how big I would have pushed harder to get them installed under the house or in the garage. One box is probably 3 times the volume of a regular modem and they install 2 of those inside and one slightly smaller outside the house. One of the inside boxes contains (to make things easier to understand for non techies) the modem while the other houses a ups system. You still them have to connect a switch or WiFi to it.

Will have to plan the new kitchen around it.

Worth it though.

Last edited:
Yes the NTD and backup battery is quite large. I thought that the backup battery was optional now though?

Surprised they installed in the kitchen - was that one of their decisions? Lots of issues here in CBR where they have installed in awful places after telling people that was where it had to be installed DESPITE the requirements in the rules.

My house is separate to the garage and they could not install easily or where I wanted in the house so I go the NTD etc installed in the garage (after 10 weeks of hassle) and used the existing cat 5 from there to my FritzBox! and patch panel in the middle of the house.

I'm likewise using 'Node but jsut on the silver 25/5 300g plan. Even with 13 devices on the first night we had it live it was fine. A long way from the old ADSL 1 ...

I stand corrected. I am on the same plan as you.

I think the standard install is to the closest part of the property which in most cases is where the phone line goes in. Mine was the kitchen.

With hindsight I should have requested another 5m of cabling and to put it under the house but by the time I came home they were ready to start drilling into the house.

My house is solid concrete (a result of cyclone Tracy) so cabling is a bit odd an issue. Otherwise I would have every room cabled.

We are planning on redoing the kitchen anyway as it is 30 odd years old but we will just have to think a little harder about where things go.

I stand corrected. I am on the same plan as you.

COOL - working well for me.

I think the standard install is to the closest part of the property which in most cases is where the phone line goes in. Mine was the kitchen.

NOT TRUE!!!! You have 40m of cable to use in a standard install - see here.

With hindsight I should have requested another 5m of cabling and to put it under the house but by the time I came home they were ready to start drilling into the house.

Some people in CBR who were misled by the installers successfully got it moved - might be worth a try

My house is solid concrete (a result of cyclone Tracy) so cabling is a bit odd an issue. Otherwise I would have every room cabled.

We are planning on redoing the kitchen anyway as it is 30 odd years old but we will just have to think a little harder about where things go.

Aussie Duct is your friend ....

I tired of the wifi experience (slow) and so made the power points my network. Am using net gears 20Mbit adapters, works a charm! But NBN could test the throughput, but I am in cairns so NBN is but a dream lol

Status
Not open for further replies.