Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark Appreciation Thread

Great to see you join the Rocca Appreciation Club!
I believe the number is determined by the handle finish as the heads all shave the same:
R94 = satin SS finish & heaviest
R95 = birch bark finish
R96 = black coating & lightest
R96 Jet Black = all black coating & most expensive

I believe the tradition started when they introduced different handles for the R89 & R41 range...? B&B don't stock the R95 as of yet so interested as to why the R95 would be advertised as black coating?

Thank you!

In was worried that the 94 and 95/6 meant that there was a difference in the blade gap / aggressiveness.

BB have all 3 including the jet black series (sorry mean all 3 excluding the birch, apologies)

OK, well I think that the rubicon has been crossed.

Time to talk to @Monsta_AU about making ownership of a Rocca as a condition of P&C Membership (or at least a reason for a badge under your name)

I'm sure that @alfredus will support the idea ...

Time to talk to @Monsta_AU about making ownership of a Rocca as a condition of P&C Membership (or at least a reason for a badge under your name)

Haha..

Is it really that good? The look of it looks fantastic, just hoping the finish and shave live up to expectations.

I love my R41 but also hate it. It's now just a conversation piece with people that are willing to challenge it.

Haha..

Is it really that good? The look of it looks fantastic, just hoping the finish and shave live up to expectations.

I love my R41 but also hate it. It's now just a conversation piece with people that are willing to challenge it.

Depends on the user, I love mine, perfect super smooth feeling mid-aggressive shave. Easy to get consistently great shaves

Haha..

In all honesty after trying the variations with a good sampling of blades it fits my shaving needs to a tee but can also see why it's not for everybody.

Its not fair to compare it to the R41 as the Rocca is a different beast with better finish and smoother shaves.

I suggest you try a sampling of blades as personal experience shows mixed results but consensus from other users shows the Wizamet SI & Gillette Yellow blades as smooth & comfortable.

Looking forward to your thoughts once it arrives & Happy Shaves!

In all honesty after trying the variations with a good sampling of blades it fits my shaving needs to a tee but can also see why it's not for everybody.

Its not fair to compare it to the R41 as the Rocca is a different beast with better finish and smoother shaves.

I suggest you try a sampling of blades as personal experience shows mixed results but consensus from other users shows the Wizamet SI & Gillette Yellow blades as smooth & comfortable.

Looking forward to your thoughts once it arrives & Happy Shaves!

Will definitely update guys. Auspost is showing delivery as tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Will team it with a black Wilkie to be safe for my first drive, then see if it needs to be amped up a little!

Haha..

Is it really that good? ....

Depends on the user, I love mine, perfect super smooth feeling mid-aggressive shave. Easy to get consistently great shaves

Yeah, what they said!

A former great razor reviewer who is clearly now past his prime gave it the thumbs down but ... :D

Yeah, what they said!

A former great razor reviewer who is clearly now past his prime gave it the thumbs down but ... :D
Whaaaat? Errol have it the no go??

Maybe he had the old version.. I don't see too many positives on the old one but a lot of praise for the new one.

Also something about the angle that you need to shave with!

I was going to grab the 3one6 but the handle is too thin.. the muhle won for me, especially in the looks department!

Whaaaat? Errol have it the no go??

Maybe he had the old version.. I don't see too many positives on the old one but a lot of praise for the new one.

Also something about the angle that you need to shave with!

I was going to grab the 3one6 but the handle is too thin.. the muhle won for me, especially in the looks department!
Unfortunately we'll have to wait to read for a review of the V1 but you can read the guru's thoughts regarding the V4 in the Weekly Razor Review Thread.

Sadly the Rocca was one that didn't agree with @Errol but we admire his honesty and informative views. He's entitled to be wrong once in a while! ;)

Absolutely as I had mine ~2 years before anyone here even talked about it ;)

Absolutely as I had mine ~2 years before anyone here even talked about it ;)
OQ4QeVl.gif

Unfortunately we'll have to wait to read for a review of the V1 but you can read the guru's thoughts regarding the V4 in the Weekly Razor Review Thread.

Sadly the Rocca was one that didn't agree with @Errol but we admire his honesty and informative views. He's entitled to be wrong once in a while! ;)

Haha I like the 'another razor" as the final word.

Well now I'm amped up to give the new girl a whirl!

I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for good looks and machining, the Muhle definitely has it.

Can we all agree on how good looking the plain stainless is?

1 thing I will call out, for $150 I would have expected more than 1 blade in the box.. not that I'll use it, but still.

She weighs a tonne compared to any other razor I've got. The closes I can think of is my 6C.

The threads are so buttery smooth.

Congratulations mate, the r94 does look excellent and feels great in the hand.. it is around 25g lighter than the 6C, the r94 is 95g and the 6c is 130g

Let us know how the shave feels

1 thing I will call out, for $150 I would have expected more than 1 blade in the box.. not that I'll use it, but still.

She weighs a tonne compared to any other razor I've got. The closes I can think of is my 6C.

The threads are so buttery smooth.r
Don’t forget to put a tiny little bit of vaseline petroleum jelly inside the thread hole of the handle, so the thread doesn’t wear out over time, I do this to all my razor handles.

The threads are so buttery smooth.
Welcome to the Rocca Appreciation Club! (y)