November 2011 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pab. i gave my 830 to Minorci, and he responded to my magnanimous gesture by trashing it and putting up pictures. I'm still recovering.

Vintage Scent sent me another one and said something was odd about the first. It wasn't, they're just soft brushes. Too soft for a boar for me.

Connaught used to be banned and filtered, now they're just banned IIRC. They must had done something truly terrible, like sell more product than some of the other more loved vendors...

Aw come on now drubs. It wasn't trashed. You did give it away because it was floppier than a 90 year old males knob. I wasn't trying to offend you.

I bought a new 830 as i think it is a good brush.

Glen (the one with the curiousity)
Connaught is a great vendor to my mind. I wasn't around when they got banned. But they're not filtered!

Does this mean you've now joined the dark side at you know where? I thought you were a little bit quiet lately. Your sense of humour will get you banned in record time. Why? Because you've got one.

Does this mean you've now joined the dark side at you know where? I thought you were a little bit quiet lately. Your sense of humour will get you banned in record time. Why? Because you've got one.

To clear up a litle confusion - the Connaught comment was made by Nosedog and got tangled up in a reply from me. Trust me I will never shop retail and having looked at those over on the dark side, think I will stick around here where offence is neither meant nor taken

Sorry Pjotr, I think everyone is there. Even the dman from his recent thread must have an alt account. I never post or even read the main forums anymore, but I've got two accounts at least. Hell, some forums I have four, I just have to remember to log in via proxy server :D

Marks quiet here because he's there, trying to get razors and gear to unemployed shavers as a christmas thing, GSL over there is alright. I only read/post in GSL once a month or less though.

Last edited:
Marks quiet here because he's there...

Only quiet here because it is all SE and I don't have much to contribute :D

I check here regularly though

Last edited:
Mark has been active! He's already dug me out of a pickle over the weekend :D I got a Rocket of some sort with a problem and he straightened me out lickity split before I did anything stupid and busted the razor.

Might be a franken-razor though. The scales tell me it's 53grams but that doesn't seem to match any of the weights on the Rocket thread at the shave den :wacko: Will be interesting to see how it shaves.

Your B&B Xmas Pif is very generous Mark.

The scales tell me it's 53grams but that doesn't seem to match any of the weights on the Rocket thread at the shave den :wacko: Will be interesting to see how it shaves.

Hmmm, I wonder if it is the medium weight HD - the one with the alumiunium handle. The Shave Den thread suggests 57g as does Achim on B&B here. It could be a scales issue though. I'm sure I had one that was around 53g

The HD is very different to the Parat - see the collar on the HD on the top of the knurling?

Happy shaving!

Hmmm, I wonder if it is the medium weight HD - the one with the alumiunium handle. The Shave Den thread suggests 57g as does Achim on B&B here. It could be a scales issue though. I'm sure I had one that was around 53g

The HD is very different to the Parat - see the collar on the HD on the top of the knurling?

Happy shaving!

Cheers Mark. I will check the collar when I get home. Memory is telling me it is the straight forward rocket collar not the HD stepped version but I wouldn't put the house on it.

I'm pretty sure the handle is aluminium. It has that whiteish look that aluminium gets. Baseplate is marked Made in England, Pat. Pending and no other marks...certainly no II. The baseplate, TTO post and the TTO knob are nickel plated brass judging by the couple of spots where the plate is gone

The kitchen scales I used certainly aren't lab grade but they always have seemed pretty bang on when measuring something of a known weight. I'll weight the HD you sent me for comparison.

Last edited:
Forgot to add in a Muhle R41 2011.

I also might have ordered a limited edition semogue boar and badger....

This is why I shouldn't trust my memory. Handle is definitely the HD style with the collar indent. TTO knob is slightly larger than the handle too. Looks like I have some sort of MD as Mark mentioned. Maybe it was an Aus release at 53gm?

Nice work, Glen. The GEM looks suitably nasty (probably just the photo) and the Gillette is curiously squat. Should be an interesting package when they arrive.

The Gillette is a travel Tech BTW - sorry ment to mention that before.

Quiet month for me - I've brought NO vintage razors (although have received some from last month)

I drank the kool aid and bought the T-shirt

Semogue LE size 1 badger ordered for Xmas.

I figure it should be easy enough to flick it on B&B BST for a minimal loss in a couple months if me no likey.

To be fair there are another 20 days of it left to rectify that :)

True HM so I'm putting in a hard effort to make up for a slow start. I've since purchased:

Gillette #16 cased
Gillette Super Adjustable and Signature (?) Single Ring
Gillette D1 Toggle cased with instructions

Also negotiating the possible purchase of a 1903/04 Pat App For Double Ring and a cased D1 Red Dot so it might end up being rather expensive month!

Now to get the sales organised to fund these!

Status
Not open for further replies.