November 2011 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen generously pif'd me his spare Krona.

It has scrubbed up a treat. Can't have look much better straight out of the packet :)

Just about to have a lash with it and a Shark SC. Cheers Mate!

Likewise just got a flair tip. A few seconds with toothpaste and brush and it looks brand new. Thanks Glen. Haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Got tied up and it was this morning before I gave the Krona a run. The shark was also a super stainless from Mark. My bad.

Maybe a bit much growth on for the Krona to tackle with aplomb on the first pass, maybe some bad angle from me with a new razor...maybe the shark needs some breaking in. First pass was pretty tuggy TBH and pretty patchy in my tougher to shave spots.

Second pass was pretty damn good. The razor moved nice and smooth and cut pretty close. A bit of touch up and CCS. I think with the small blade gap a few days growth was maybe clogging the razor on the first pass. Very mild razor, the AS splash didn't have any bite at all. I'll certainly play with this one some more!

Bought this yesterday on B&B and couldn't wait to spread the photographic love.

King Cutter 1.jpgKing Cutter 4.jpg

It's a vintage Böker King Cutter 5/8 with new scales created by the seller. I'm looking forward to it very much.

Neither could I. And it sat there unsold for about 3-4 days. Normally good stuff goes quickly. Perhaps it's just because he was selling a lot of things at once, it diluted the interest. Anyway, unless there's something wrong with it (which I doubt), I count myself lucky for getting it.

At $105 (incl shipping), it's more appealing than a $150 brand new King Cutter.

I'd get it honed before use if I were you. You can't assume it's been done by the seller. Even if they say it has.

Nice pickup. Looks like the scales have been done well too..... always a bonus.

Mmm...my very nice condition Slim arrived. Perfect Case and Blade holder.

Amazing something 45 years old can be in such good shape.

They built them to last back in the day.... not to a price. No surprise to me at all.

Arrived today:
pss.JPG

500 Perma-Sharp Super blades, four alum blocks, some random blades (10x Derby WTF?, 5x Rapira, 5x Gillette Goal).

That's enough blades now, I think :)

Arrived yesterday: four nasty beat-up old razors that I've mentioned in these hallowed pages before. Ever-Ready 1924. GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf. Schick Injector. Some old Gillette. I guess I'll take a picture and add it later. I'll be cleaning these up around Christmastime.

Arrived today:
View attachment 178

500 Perma-Sharp Super blades, four alum blocks, some random blades (10x Derby WTF?, 5x Rapira, 5x Gillette Goal).

That's enough blades now, I think :)

Arrived yesterday: four nasty beat-up old razors that I've mentioned in these hallowed pages before. Ever-Ready 1924. GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf. Schick Injector. Some old Gillette. I guess I'll take a picture and add it later. I'll be cleaning these up around Christmastime.

You trying to catch up to Monsta Nosedog?!?!

Arrived today:

500!

Wow, I thought I was lashing out getting 300 Personna Labs - which arrived today BTW.

Got some Muehle sea buckthorn cream and Irisch Moos on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
500!

Wow, I thought I was lashing out getting 300 Personna Labs - which arrived today BTW.

I consider this a lifetime supply. They're a great blade, but I also have probably a total of 600 other assorted blades (Feather, Labs, Yellows, Astras, Red IPs, SE, Sharks -- yuck, other odds and ends) which should be more than enough considering I'm hoping to be an über-cool straight shaver.

Permasharps are only available in bulk from one vendor (I have no idea why), so I didn't want to run the risk of that supply chain disappearing.

Permasharps are only available in bulk from one vendor (I have no idea why), so I didn't want to run the risk of that supply chain disappearing.

Good thinking then!

Just so you know I don't get EVERYTHING here is a sample of some I've missed out on today:

British No. 51 set with case, nice but over my budget at present.

Canadian Londoner Set - unique but it is Canadian and only a Tech after all

Set of 7 - I thought that this might slip under the radar. If I hadn't just bought a 1903 Double Ring I would have bid more. I probably should have bid over $200 - see if you can guess why I'd punt that amount of money.

Last but by no means least:

Gillette NEW President - it is uncased but beautiful, a VERY nice razor and hard to find.

BUT, all is not lost....

On its way to me is:

Gillette Big Fellow in Wooden Case (Silver plated)
Gillette 1903 Double Ring (pre-serial number PAT APP FOR)
Gillette Service Set
Gillette Big Fellow in Wooden Case (Gold plated)

On top of the cased D1 Toggle with instructions and the Signature Single Ring (yes it was one) it has ended up being a H-U-G-E month. Just before Christmas too - no wonder I'm selling soon!

This now completes the Double Ring set, a 1903, 1904 and 1905. I haven't got all the case variations but hey. I also have single rings for the first few years of production too - COOL

(Sorry, I'm a happy camper!)

Set of 7 - I thought that this might slip under the radar. If I hadn't just bought a 1903 Double Ring I would have bid more. I probably should have bid over $200 - see if you can guess why I'd punt that amount of money.

Not sure. Maybe the TTO next to the injector looks a bit different? There's a Fat Boy and a Slim but nothing unusual about that. Or is the Fat Boy a red dot job?

Status
Not open for further replies.