October 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

I had to pause there ... that I didn't accidentally pack my titanium timeless stand. Enjoy the modularity of the Timeless razors. The bronze, steel and titanium parts are all interchangeable. The brass handle adds a nice heft to the titanium plate/cap if you have it.
Are the brass razors the equivalent of the old Gillette ones without the plating? If so, wouldn’t they tarnish and eventually go green?

Are the brass razors the equivalent of the old Gillette ones without the plating? If so, wouldn’t they tarnish and eventually go green?
Modern brass razors tend to be machined from solid brass so no plating and will patina if left to oxidize. Nothing a bit of polish or wax won't fix! ;)

I thought I was done buying brushes for a while till I saw this:

IMG-5264.jpg

IMG-5265.jpg

This was made in Dovo's old factory when they still made their own brushes.

Arrived yesterday, express post.
My auction win. I was only expecting a refill puck and I was wondering where to keep it, a bonus Razorock brush too! A big thanks to Vshod for thier donation and for delivering more than expected.

SWAG:

Just when my interest in wet shaving was starting to wane, I happen to win this lot. Some awesome lots in here that are going to keep me busy for the forseeable future. Thanks again to all the '22 charity organisers.

Oh yeah, it is a potpourri of interesting stuff in there - variety is the spice of life they say!

Hopefully the labels and paper matching the numbers means you can work out what things are - certainly a few unobtanium

I'm pretty sure my auction win is waiting for me at the local PO, but it might as well be on the moon. Access by boat only. :rolleyes:

Yeah, heard there was a few drops 💦 down your way!

Yep. Having spent $34K last winter to fix the driveway (in addition to the 20K we spent on it before we started building), it looks like we'll have to do it again. Bummer. :rolleyes:

Double bummer …

… surely the government should have to pay for this ? :whistle: