October 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

In the meantime though ...

Z1tZFf5l.jpg

Some auction wins and some loaners

Thanks to @Ozwhisker at Artisan Arcade and VSHOD who were very generous again!!!

I've acquired a bunch of things this month. You'll see some of them in due course, but this is one thing I'll share.

VwrhC5Rl.jpg

KDEBSEGl.jpg

p5YGFRPl.jpg

FwiZEnpl.jpg

It's a slim twist/Knack. Date code on razor is W3 (1976) and date code on blades is W4.

I've never seen one of these before. @Mark1966 hasn't either. So it could be a fake, or a case from later in the 80s or 90s... but the Gillette logo and font are representative of the 70s, so that checks out.

It's in perfect condition. It looks like new-old stock actually. Not a scratch on anything.

It has a little tab to hold the blade case, and also the razor. It's good actually, because the tab is slightly bigger than the razor width, so it should hold other razors not just a slim twist.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd be super appreciative!

I've acquired a bunch of things this month. You'll see some of them in due course, but this is one thing I'll share.

VwrhC5Rl.jpg

KDEBSEGl.jpg

p5YGFRPl.jpg

FwiZEnpl.jpg

It's a slim twist/Knack. Date code on razor is W3 (1976) and date code on blades is W4.

I've never seen one of these before. @Mark1966 hasn't either. So it could be a fake, or a case from later in the 80s or 90s... but the Gillette logo and font are representative of the 70s, so that checks out.

It's in perfect condition. It looks like new-old stock actually. Not a scratch on anything.

It has a little tab to hold the blade case, and also the razor. It's good actually, because the tab is slightly bigger than the razor width, so it should hold other razors not just a slim twist.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd be super appreciative!
Similar case - Japanese maybe?

Similar case - Japanese maybe?
Yeah, similar. And that’s a 1975, so right in the same time period. Thanks!

Yeah, similar. And that’s a 1975, so right in the same time period. Thanks!
Having said that, the blades are Australian, as they have that printed on them. So definitely same period, but I assume it’s Aussie.

i-hKRNP8m-X2.jpg

i-9p8HxLs-X2.jpg

i-p37Bnfw-X2.jpg

Thank you @TroyTools for a very, very high quality brush. Dense and look forward to getting to know it better. I suspect it will do better foaming using a bowl than on the cheeks. Why would I buy a Paladin brush when we get this quality here!

This one replaced the Charity brush from a few years ago. Arrived the same time as the Film Edition titanium 0.5mm head.