October 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

What a beautiful brush, pictures did not do it justice.
Perfect match for the Timmerman Red Label
uw2aOHz.jpg

Special conservation award to @Mark1966 for recycling the recycled box from this thread

uw2aOHz.jpg

Special conservation award to @Mark1966 for recycling the recycled box from this thread
Wow, that platypig might just be even more gorgeous than the one @Mark1966 has been brandishing for the last few months. :love: Now you have all the wonderful fun of breaking it in... :unsure:

Incidentally, apologies to @Mark1966 and @Holiday, I believe I may have been the first to publicly give your brush that name. I was joking at the time, but in retrospect, I think naming rights should properly belong to either the maker or the owner, so I was being presumptuous. Mea culpa... :facepalm:

Last edited:
uw2aOHz.jpg

Glad you like it, hope you enjoy it and SUPER impressed that you not only recognised the box but tracked down its last use !

Wow, that platypig might just be even more gorgeous than the one @Mark1966 has been brandishing for the last few months. :love: Now you have all the wonderful fun of breaking it in... :unsure:

WHAT! no, surely not. I'm sure I chose the 'best' one - although they are truly both magnificent.

Incidentally, apologies to @Mark1966 and @Holiday, I believe I may have been the first to publicly give your brush that name. I was joking at the time, but in retrospect, I think naming rights should properly belong to either the maker or the owner, so I was being presumptuous. Mea culpa... :facepalm:

I think that Platypig is the perfect name, I wouldn't change it for mine

When you got it, flaunt it!

One of the last sets of one of the last APR collaborations, I present to you -

aRZNsgBl.mp4

Eclipse​

Eclipse was born from a desire to create a dark musky fragrance, although at the time, we had no idea it would bear that moniker. We have collaborated with Australian private reserve as they are well-known in creating complex scents; a perfect fit.

The long list of notes come together beautifully to create a truly one of a kind experience. Russian leather and dark musk are predominant initially, followed by blond tobacco dried fig and bourbon then rounding out with floral notes of Carnation, Geranium and Lavender.

The dry down on this scent emphasizes it’s complexity, like the moon slowly passing in front of the sun, it darkens over time, leaving you in the shadows of Eclipse.

[Description from HSSC website]

One of the last sets of one of the last APR collaborations, I present to you -

aRZNsgBl.mp4

Eclipse​

Eclipse was born from a desire to create a dark musky fragrance, although at the time, we had no idea it would bear that moniker. We have collaborated with Australian private reserve as they are well-known in creating complex scents; a perfect fit.

The long list of notes come together beautifully to create a truly one of a kind experience. Russian leather and dark musk are predominant initially, followed by blond tobacco dried fig and bourbon then rounding out with floral notes of Carnation, Geranium and Lavender.

The dry down on this scent emphasizes it’s complexity, like the moon slowly passing in front of the sun, it darkens over time, leaving you in the shadows of Eclipse.

[Description from HSSC website]
Another real pain in the ass, bloody show off

That's a hell of a haul you have there @neongas. I hope your Sabre is as much of a success for you as mine is for me. Quite a different shave to any other razor, but so smooth. I have a spot just above and to the left of the Adam's apple that commonly gets nicked by the corner of most blades (I guess the skin is getting a bit looser with age there) but the design of the Sabre makes it completely bombproof.

The Saber handle is simple yet such a looker.
Thanks yeah, great simple design and feels very well finished.
That's a hell of a haul you have there @neongas. I hope your Sabre is as much of a success for you as mine is for me. Quite a different shave to any other razor, but so smooth. I have a spot just above and to the left of the Adam's apple that commonly gets nicked by the corner of most blades (I guess the skin is getting a bit looser with age there) but the design of the Sabre makes it completely bombproof.
Yes, I noticed that Blackland kept the traditional SE "stops", even though the blade is actually clamped and held through the cut-outs, I think I too will benefit from protection from the corners of the blade. I'm just off to find out.

PXL-20221016-052412977.jpg

The floodwaters have subsided a bit, and one road out of here is now passable by 4WD, so finally able to get to town today to get myself a new phone, and stopped in at the local roadhouse that serves also as the post office. Officially they don't open that part of the shop on weekends, but the nice lady had a pile of parcels waiting for me on the counter by the time I walked in. I had one huge parcel from @Holiday, who is racking up karma points by the bazillion - I had been expecting one tub of Yardley, but here are two, virgin and unlathered, wrapped up in a bushel basketful of bubble-wrap. Also, my modest little charity auction win, MdC L'original plus a Razorock Plissoft as a bonus from VSHOD, another prolific karma-gatherer. (y)

So a huge round of applause to organisers and contributors to the 2022 charity auction... 👏👏👏

I don't think I'm going to be running out of soap anytime soon.