Panic buying...validation..

We had a Great Ice Storm? Cooool. Which state was this in?

Québec, Ontario, New York and a part of New England. Everything was covered with thick glazed ice; trees, posts & electric pylons crushed by the hundreds like feeble matches. We had to be careful when walking outside because we never knew when something would fall from above. At first, it wasn't too bad, hey, extended holiday vacations, but when the cold started to bite us in the ass, it wasn't so nice anymore. Firewood & fuel for the generators ran out so folks started to chop the fallen electric posts for firewood. In the “Black Triangle”, as we called it, they had to relieve themselves in buckets because the toilets were frozen. Ahhh the good old days, before the Covid-19.

Québec, Ontario, New York and a part of New England. Everything was covered with thick glazed ice; trees, posts & electric pylons crushed by the hundreds like feeble matches. We had to be careful when walking outside because we never knew when something would fall from above. At first, it wasn't too bad, hey, extended holiday vacations, but when the cold started to bite us in the ass, it wasn't so nice anymore. Firewood & fuel for the generators ran out so folks started to chop the fallen electric posts for firewood. In the “Black Triangle”, as we called it, they had to relieve themselves in buckets because the toilets were frozen. Ahhh the good old days, before the Covid-19.
I cannot imagine living in such cold climates like this.
Our complaints in Winter must sound pathetic to Europeans and North Americans.

The real Holy Grail!!

E03-EA38-E-523-A-4770-96-AE-2-CB18-FAF55-A9.png

I've just bagged up 1kg of dried hops, enough to make 200L of beer, should last out the panic.
Same here. .a stack of goldings. And with 4 beer taps in the granny flat out back I might quarantine myself 😁
Guys you don't need beer is not enough to kill the germs and bacteria....... You need heaps of WHISKY!!!!! :cigar:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Don’t worry Horse, there’s heaps of Rat Milk out there for you to drink.
Ha, I've joked about starting a rabbit dairy for years, surely there is a market for rabbit cheese.

A guinea pig dairy could also work. Just need to be careful with the vacuum pressure if the milking cups or you could lose the whole animal.

Planting our winter veg soon. Our summer crop gave us over 100kgs and chooks for eggs. We are luckier than most in our suburban suburb.

Same here, we just finished preserving stacks of foods and fruits and we're about to put in another raised bed for brassicas etc. We gave away several huge boxes of home grown goods to a couple of people not so well off in our street, we have more than enough and this panic shopping is making things very difficult for some folks to eat decent.

Fold without question
Same here, we just finished preserving stacks of foods and fruits and we're about to put in another raised bed for brassicas etc. We gave away several huge boxes of home grown goods to a couple of people not so well off in our street, we have more than enough and this panic shopping is making things very difficult for some folks to eat decent.

we know where you live ...

Best comment I've seen on social media today -

I've heard that all this is happening because we didn’t forward that message to 10 people ...